Black streaks on HP Laserjet IIIp

Everytime I print something I get black streaks down the middle of the
paper.

I am using OEM HP non-remanufactured cartridges.
Changing the toner cartridge does not help.
I have replaced the fuser assembly aprox 1000 pages ago Service 50
error.
I am not getting any "Service XX" errors on the console.
I have tested pins 1 and 3 on both sides of the fuser and they are
within spec: one side is less than 10 ohms and the other is aprox 200K
ohms.
The fuser does not look scratched as far as I can tell
There is no toner build on the fuser but there is build up on the green
part of the toner cartridge, it can be cleaned but it returns (I have
tried 3 toner cartridges all have the same problem.)

The transfer roller is the original, it doesn't look the greatest but
it doesn't look that bad. I'm guessing this is the problem. Has
anyone had this problem?

Thank you.

This seems to fall under the fogged stripes.

The fuser roller and the rubber roller seem clean as a whistle.

Where is the fuser cleaning pad and static eliminator teeth located?
Thanks.
(this is a IIIp)

Ben Myers wrote:
> [...]

>paper.
>
>I am using OEM HP non-remanufactured cartridges.
>Changing the toner cartridge does not help.
>I have replaced the fuser assembly aprox 1000 pages ago Service 50
>error.
>I am not getting any "Service XX" errors on the console.
>I have tested pins 1 and 3 on both sides of the fuser and they are
>within spec: one side is less than 10 ohms and the other is aprox 200K
>ohms.
>The fuser does not look scratched as far as I can tell
>There is no toner build on the fuser but there is build up on the green
>part of the toner cartridge, it can be cleaned but it returns (I have
>tried 3 toner cartridges all have the same problem.)
>
>The transfer roller is the original, it doesn't look the greatest but
>it doesn't look that bad. I'm guessing this is the problem. Has

On the HP epc (electrophotgraphic cartridges) usually there is a
transfer corona wire cleaner tab you can slide back and forth to clean
the wire. It is usually a teal colored tab on the epc. Try that..
slide it back and forth about 20 times.

Good luck!

Mark

Not sure. Been a long time since I looked at a IIIp... Ben Myers

On 9 Mar 2005 09:46:30 -0800, poison_1024@yahoo.com wrote:

>This seems to fall under the fogged stripes.
>
>The fuser roller and the rubber roller seem clean as a whistle.
>
>Where is the fuser cleaning pad and static eliminator teeth located?
>Thanks.
>(this is a IIIp)
>
>Ben Myers wrote:
>> My HP LaserJet secret decoder ring indicates the following symptoms
>and
>> corrective actions:
>>
>> Thin, Dark, Vertical Black Lines
>> causes:
>> Defective toner cartridge
>> Dirty charging roller caused by defective toner cartridge
>> Static eliminator teeth are contaminated or defective
>> Fuser cleaning pad or fuser assembly is defective
>>
>> Vertical Fogged Stripes
>> causes:
>> Fusing assembly is dirty or defective
>>
>> Then there is the usual HP disclaimer that the paper does not meet HP
>> specifications.
>>
>> Actually, I bought a two volume set of handy dandy reference service
>guides for
>> older HP LaserJets... Ben Myers
>>
>> On 8 Mar 2005 21:04:37 -0800, poison_1024@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>> >Everytime I print something I get black streaks down the middle of
>the
>> >paper.
>> >
>> >I am using OEM HP non-remanufactured cartridges.
>> >Changing the toner cartridge does not help.
>> >I have replaced the fuser assembly aprox 1000 pages ago Service 50
>> >error.
>> >I am not getting any "Service XX" errors on the console.
>> >I have tested pins 1 and 3 on both sides of the fuser and they are
>> >within spec: one side is less than 10 ohms and the other is aprox
>200K
>> >ohms.
>> >The fuser does not look scratched as far as I can tell
>> >There is no toner build on the fuser but there is build up on the
>green
>> >part of the toner cartridge, it can be cleaned but it returns (I
>have
>> >tried 3 toner cartridges all have the same problem.)
>> >
>> >The transfer roller is the original, it doesn't look the greatest
>but
>> >it doesn't look that bad. I'm guessing this is the problem. Has
>> >anyone had this problem?
>> >
>> >Thank you.

It is your toner cartridge if you see toner residue on the photo Drum
corresponses to the streak on the print outs. Call HP's 800 Tech support
number and tell the HelpDesk person that you have an HP OEM Toner problem.
You should be able to get a FREE replacement sent to you.
Dewaine

Ben Myers wrote:

> Not sure. Been a long time since I looked at a IIIp... Ben Myers
>
> On 9 Mar 2005 09:46:30 -0800, poison_1024@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >This seems to fall under the fogged stripes.
> >
> >The fuser roller and the rubber roller seem clean as a whistle.
> >
> >Where is the fuser cleaning pad and static eliminator teeth located?
> >Thanks.
> >(this is a IIIp)
> >
> >Ben Myers wrote:
> >> My HP LaserJet secret decoder ring indicates the following symptoms
> >and
> >> corrective actions:
> >>
> >> Thin, Dark, Vertical Black Lines
> >> causes:
> >> Defective toner cartridge
> >> Dirty charging roller caused by defective toner cartridge
> >> Static eliminator teeth are contaminated or defective
> >> Fuser cleaning pad or fuser assembly is defective
> >>
> >> Vertical Fogged Stripes
> >> causes:
> >> Fusing assembly is dirty or defective
> >>
> >> Then there is the usual HP disclaimer that the paper does not meet HP
> >> specifications.
> >>
> >> Actually, I bought a two volume set of handy dandy reference service
> >guides for
> >> older HP LaserJets... Ben Myers

> >the

> >200K
> >green
> >have

> >but

I thought the IIIp did not have a corona wire and used a transfer
roller instead? (That's what I read at one of the sites anyway.)

That's what I thought, but I have tried 3 different OEM HP toner carts.
That's why I was thinking that maybe the transfer roller was not
"transferring" all of the toner. That was just a thought though.

FeliX

<poison_1024@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> Everytime I print something I get black streaks down the middle of the
> paper.
>
> I am using OEM HP non-remanufactured cartridges.
> Changing the toner cartridge does not help.
> I have replaced the fuser assembly aprox 1000 pages ago Service 50
> error.
> I am not getting any "Service XX" errors on the console.
> I have tested pins 1 and 3 on both sides of the fuser and they are
> within spec: one side is less than 10 ohms and the other is aprox 200K
> ohms.
> The fuser does not look scratched as far as I can tell
> There is no toner build on the fuser but there is build up on the green
> part of the toner cartridge, it can be cleaned but it returns (I have
> tried 3 toner cartridges all have the same problem.)
>
> The transfer roller is the original, it doesn't look the greatest but
> it doesn't look that bad. I'm guessing this is the problem. Has
> anyone had this problem?
>
> Thank you.

as i already mentioned before :
you have to replace the high voltage contact assembly to solve it
i know that specific problem
and i have the part in stock... in Belgium (Europe)

"as you mentioned before" I don't see any other posts from you but I
will check it out. Are you referring to the metal contacts that come
in contact with the toner cartridge?

FeliX

yes
<start of copy>
bent them to make closer contact
or replace by new ones

> They seem "ok" as far as I can tell, not bent or anything, no build up
> on them.

<end of copy>