Status
Not open for further replies.

hemohomeboy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Hello, I was shopping for a game and came across the term "CD key" and I'm wondering if buying just that allows you to play the game or do you need an actual disc/download? I know this is a dork question but I'm sometimes computer illiterate...lol.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

By shopping, I am assuming you were checking the torrents. You need the actual disk/download.

I would avoid anything with CD Key like the plague. Its probably a scam and/or virus

hemohomeboy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Actually, it really was to pay for the game. Included in the shopping results was an ad-Cd key 17.99 for the game I was looking at and I knew that you have the codes to validate a game but I had never heard of someone selling a CD key without the software and was just wondering what it was and how it worked. I couldn't find an answer on the net that I understood. Thanx for your reply.

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Every time you buy a game it comes with a CD/Serial Key. Its a unique number that means the game belongs to you. Its used when you install the game and you need it in order to play online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS