Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Halo on windows7

Last response: in Video Games
December 11, 2010 6:12:46 AM

Can you play Halo2 for vista on a laptop using windows 7? I want to try Halo but dont want to buy an xbox. I can get the game and controler cheap on Amazon.

fyi: my laptop runs duel core 2.0GHz intel processer,4 gig ram,Nvidea grafics card, 1080p HD display is this good enough?

More about : halo windows7

December 11, 2010 1:59:31 PM

yeah that should all be fine.

The only reason that HALO doesn't run on winXP or below is because they don't have DX10 or above.

Your configuration should be reasonable, what Graphics chip is it though? (model wise, not just manufacturer)
Score

Best solution

a c 433 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
December 12, 2010 6:02:53 AM

N.Broekhuijsen said:
yeah that should all be fine.

The only reason that HALO doesn't run on winXP or below is because they don't have DX10 or above.

Your configuration should be reasonable, what Graphics chip is it though? (model wise, not just manufacturer)

Just to clarify, Halo will run perfectly fine in Windows XP. It came out for the PC before Windows Vista was even released.

Halo 2 requires Windows Vista or Win 7 because it had programmed to require DX10 even though it only uses DX9. It was Microsoft way of forcing Halo fans to upgrade to Windows Vista if they wanted to play Halo 2 on the PC instead of on the Xbox.
Related resources
December 12, 2010 10:26:06 PM

Best answer selected by agent2.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
December 12, 2010 10:33:16 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!