HP Laserjet IIIp - is this a resistor or fuse ?

On the metal strip piece that goes over the transfer roller there is
small electronic component that looks like a small carbon resistor but
the color code leads me to believe that it is not (a silver ring in the
middle.) What else could it be? Inductor, fuse? I do not get a
reading on it with an ohm meter so maybe it is toast. Thanks.

<poison_1024@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On the metal strip piece that goes over the transfer roller there is
> small electronic component that looks like a small carbon resistor but
> the color code leads me to believe that it is not (a silver ring in the
> middle.) What else could it be? Inductor, fuse? I do not get a
> reading on it with an ohm meter so maybe it is toast. Thanks.

Thermistor...I think. Its the sensor that regulates the temp of the fuser
roller. To 180C ?

vangard

Go to the following web page and scroll down to the second picture:

http://www.printerworks.com/Ca­talogs/LX-Catalog/810LXFixFuse­Assbly.html

Look at the picture and see if you see the part you want. If so you
can click on the item number in the list below and it will tell you the
name of the part and the price. This is the Printerworks site and they
will sell you the part. I have a HP LaserJet II and III and this is
where I buy my parts.

Van Gardner