Apple Reveals Q3 Revenue; Still Swimming in $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The market has spoken. Apple is the best tech company in the world!

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Apple henchman: Steve sir, we have made record profits again this quarter, shall I recall the Iphone 4 and fix the reception issue.

Steve: No you idiot! I am not going to spend any money just because people can't hold a phone properly. ** Presses button to open trapdoor beneath hanchman's feet **

Applhe Henchman: (Being incinerated in furnace arrrrrrrgggghhhhhh.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]urbninja[/nom]The market has spoken. Apple is the best tech company in the world![/citation]

"the market has spoken, Lady Gaga is the best musician in the word."

define: best .....

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]urbninja[/nom]The market has spoken. Apple is the best tech company in the world![/citation]
no..they are the best marketing company in the world. tech company? not quite. they just sell "tech" equipment.

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Here was me thinking "Finally, an apple free news day!".

The sky is blue, the Earth still rotates, idiots continue to spend money on overpriced products. What's new.

ares1214

Splendid
anybody who switches to mac because of this proves their lack of knowledge, and therefore deserves to be with the mac lovers. although it seems everybody is posting record profits this year, so much for a recession.

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
[citation][nom]cashews[/nom]Apple henchman: Steve sir, we have made record profits again this quarter, shall I recall the Iphone 4 and fix the reception issue.Steve: No you idiot! I am not going to spend any money just because people can't hold a phone properly. ** Presses button to open trapdoor beneath hanchman's feet **Applhe Henchman: (Being incinerated in furnace arrrrrrrgggghhhhhh.[/citation]

That's hilarious,man!!!

vaskodogama

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
good for apple, I really like their hardware designs like Mac books(great battery life, anyone?) or iPod touch(better than Creative players, duh!). except iPhone4!
And Steve, please don't be stupid, iPhone4 maybe is a strong and solid piece of hardware, but it sucks, huh? call it in already!

With this much money, you'd think Apple would show some heart and open its wallet for some philanthropic actions. For example, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Instead it goes straight into the pockets of its heartless leader Steve Jobs.

There's something really fundamentally messed up about this picture in my opinion.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Well this is good news, I mean it's no surprise they are doing so well. I am currently posting this message with my iPhone 4 and have never had any connection pr...

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]arael[/nom]Here was me thinking "Finally, an apple free news day!".The sky is blue, the Earth still rotates, idiots continue to spend money on overpriced products. What's new.[/citation]

The sky is blue, the Earth still rotates, haters continue to flood threads about something they claim to not care about. Yet they can't resist posting their little witty remarks. Oohhh, an Apple joke. Maybe a Steve Jobs joke. You're sooooo clever.

Here's a tip. Don't like reading Apple news? Then DON'T CLICK THE DAMN LINK.

G

Companies are set up to make profits, by selling products or services. Those who offer good products make money. Those who don't, suffer losses and get closed down.

It's very simple concept, but people so often associate free market competition with all sorts of principles like good and evil, sith lords, freedom and what-not. For heaven's sake, it's not like they are forcing their products on you like governments force taxes onto people.

ALL of Apple's 30,000 employees contributed to this amazing performance, not just Steve Jobs. On the same note, to bash him and only him for whatever reason reveals a shallow understanding of how business work.

I, for one, wish I had the same acumen as Steve Jobs or any of Apple's top executives or engineers; their market-beating performance over these years is just astounding...

sudeshc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Any time around when there is an Apple news there are so many critics and hardly any fan-boy but still they are making billions.
Seems like they have some innovative people behind but some dull/dumb in front, may be developers think better but policy makers make it hard and an Idea worth spreading is getting criticized.
Just a thought......
I am not an Apple fan or something like that but their products are good but way too overly priced.

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
I want to mention a lot about apple, the fact that people will pay hundreds extra for a modified Linux box without so many applications, also you can get an android 2.1 tablet slightly slower for $200(google cortex a8 android, I found some on ali express) heck you could get a really slow 7" android pad for $70(moo1 give it some swap space and update the firmware and its semi useful), they both have usb ports and multitasking, no 3g but I still want to take the extra $300-400 and show it to people with Ipads.

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
[citation][nom]cashews[/nom]Apple henchman: Steve sir, we have made record profits again this quarter, shall I recall the Iphone 4 and fix the reception issue.Steve: No you idiot! I am not going to spend any money just because people can't hold a phone properly. ** Presses button to open trapdoor beneath hanchman's feet **Applhe Henchman: (Being incinerated in furnace arrrrrrrgggghhhhhh.[/citation]

I can't help but think of Dr. Evil doing that to Mustafa and he wouldn't die until another henchman had to go down into the fire pit and shoot him twice lol.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
prefacing this with i use pc's linux and windows, and only own an ipod, however being the guy my freinds go to for tech advice this is what i do tell them about apple products

they make good products for the most part... from a purely hardware perspective you get less, but they always have polish, they use usually well made and feel good. i tend to sterr the less tech savy to them, if you can't install a program or a driver for a device then by all means get a mac, if you have the money to spare, you plug in a camera and it installs everythign for you and all you do is pull your pics off of it, btu the price for this convenience is a clsoed box experience... but for mos tthe people i'd lead in that direction thats what i'd really want them using.

if you can install your own drivers, and install your own programs; or don't have the cash then ge ta pc, more open, more power for the dollar, albeit if you go to dell or another preboxed pc you will not be getting good internal parts, btu its cheaper and usually you get better hardware than some of the mid grade macs for less thna the lowest end mac...

its personal prefrance and people are free to choose, looks like more people are choosing mac, and i'm ok with that as long as my pc hardware isn't affected :D

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]arael[/nom]Here was me thinking "Finally, an apple free news day!".The sky is blue, the Earth still rotates, idiots continue to spend money on overpriced products. What's new.[/citation]

Sucks to be you, since Apple is here to stay and is getting bigger and better as time passes. In conclusion, you are going to have a very miserable life if you are to get upset every time you see some news about Apple :)

Status
Not open for further replies.