Sign in with
Your question

Elder Scrolls V gets Official Release Date + Trailer

Last response: in Video Games
December 13, 2010 12:55:43 PM

Hopefully the name Skyrim and the dragon shown in the video would suggest that the Z-axis will be more important in new Elder Scroll games.
m
l
December 13, 2010 7:06:55 PM

Great, another trailer that shows absolutely NO actual gameplay. I will NEVER understand why people enjoy trailers that show no game play. I am looking forward to Elder Scrolls, I just think cinematic trailers only belong IN the the actual game, not in a trailer before the game is out. No gameplay footage, no care
m
l
December 13, 2010 7:17:42 PM

lol that's how most of them are now. There will be some amazing trailers that have people hyped for the game like Dragon Age and the DC game.

You gotta wait for gameplay videos
m
l
December 13, 2010 8:03:44 PM

I bought Oblivion when it appeared, payed the full price. I was going to upgrade my graphics card but there was something wrong with the motherboard and nothing could be done about it. I had to return the graphics card. The DVD is still unwrapped and my PC not upgraded. I don't even want to try the game on low or mid-low graphics settings. It was the most stupid impulsive purchase of my whole life but I am glad to discover that I contributed at least one penny to the development of Skyrim.
m
l
December 13, 2010 11:37:59 PM

I'm happy to hear this news.

I had taken a several (about 8) year hiatus from gaming all together. When I got back I decided on PC gaming and the first game I purchased was Oblivion. I probably played 150-200 hours of the game and loved it.

I know a lot of people didn't like Oblivion because it was so different from Morrowing but I wouldn't complain if Skyrim kept along the Oblivion gameplay lines.
m
l
December 14, 2010 10:43:22 AM

hope Ive upgraded my tired old rig by then, I want to play this game with nvidias 3d vision...
m
l
December 15, 2010 11:17:36 AM

I honestly didn't expect this game to be out so soon! I was a HUGE fan of Oblivion and still think it's the best middle age game out there to date. The trailer doesn't show anything but the few hints they provide in the Trailer and that the title is Skyrim, it sounds like it will follow the same path as Oblivion did (being in Middle Age again).

I'm really excited about this game as I've been waiting for quite a while for this. I remember playing Oblivion and thinking "why is this game not multiplayer???" simply because it had the best leveling system I had ever seen.

My only concern is that, unlike a great bunch of people, I didn't find Fallout 3 that much of a breakthrough. In fact, I was a tad disappointed with the engine and the overall gameplay. The game was also a bit buggy at times (although the patches helped a lot overtime). If Skyrim utilizes the same engine as Fallout 3, it'll be an instant disappointment for me. Oblivion was the Crysis of its time...Skyrim has to be visually amazing to follow on its predecessor. I guess we'll see when the "real" trailer comes out...
m
l
December 15, 2010 12:13:50 PM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
If Skyrim utilizes the same engine as Fallout 3, it'll be an instant disappointment for me. Oblivion was the Crysis of its time...Skyrim has to be visually amazing to follow on its predecessor. I guess we'll see when the "real" trailer comes out...

small article i found on ign
http://pc.ign.com/articles/113/1139815p1.html

Quote:
Howard told IGN during QuakeCon this past August The Elder Scrolls V will not use id Tech 5, the same game engine currently powering id Software's shooter Rage. Instead, Bethesda has created an entirely new engine for Skyrim.

sounds like you don't have anything to worry about :D 
m
l
!