Abit VP6 problem...

G

Hello,
My friend and I are building a new computer together. We have been having trouble getting our 2nd Cel 733 (66MHz x 11) detected on the Abit VP6 mobo. Sofar only 1 is detected no mater what we do, we have even tried switching them around.
I fear after reading in the manual that there is zero mention of Celeron's (except from what I see from BIOS screen shots) of any kind running on the board. I noticed the screen shots running the Celeron on it, but I do not see any info about the Celeron in SMP mode.

Also, in an unrelated side note, I can't seem to get passed the RAID driver install of Win2K (the part that ask's "Press F6 to install and SCSI or RAID device"). I install the drivers provided from the "HotROD" disk and the screen flickers... then the HD loads for a sec or too... then it locks up! I have tried shutting off the RAID mode and even shut off the entire 2nd ATA 100 controller, but to no benifishial end result. What am I doing wrong, Win98 installed strangely without a hitch (this supised me a LOT, I dispise win9x/me). I am going to test some other cofigurations tonight, like running my HD's on just the RAID controller... funky stuff like that. This is starting to anoy me!

G

Celeron ll's (ie from 533MHz upwards) are not SMP capable and therefore will not work in a dual configuration.

Aussie

G

That would explain alot actully. We are sendind back the 2 cel 733's and getting a single PIII-733 in its place. After we pay off some of the componants we ordered (cd burner for one) we will order a 2nd PIII-733.

Thanks for the reply Aussie!