Why my downloads stop after 59 Min 40 Seconds& 39

gregg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Hi,

I just got an unlimited cable connection but whenever I try to download large files of say more than 39 MB, the download stops between 59 & 60 Minutes and also at about 39 MBs. It also shows “ Download Complete “ sign although it has not downloaded the complete file.

(1)Why this happens & what can I do about it?
(2)How do I download a file larger than 40 MB with this kind of problem?
(3)Would a download Manager solve this problem? If yes how?

Thank You,
Greg

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Does this happen with all downloads over 40Mbs or just one in particular?

You may be trying to download a bad or incomplete file. Try downloading that file from an alternate location if possible.

....WW (5.0)

spyware?
Virus?

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Definitetly something wierd going on here. First of all with a cable connection it shouldn't take 59 minutes to download 39Mbs.

First make sure your system is free of virus and spyware as suggested above.

Next thing I would do is to contact your broadband provider, describe your problem and tell them the situation as it is now is unacceptable...for instance how are you suppose to download SP2?

If for some reason this is the best service you can get then a download manager could help. I haven't used one because I'm on dialup and have my broadband friends get me large files. How it could help? You should be able to set it to split the file into seperate downloads of smaller sizes.

....WW (5.0)

gregg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Any suggestions & links for Download Managers?

I virus checked with Norton 2005 & there is no virus.

How do I check for spyware? Any names & links for software fordetecting spyware?

Thank You,
Greg

adware
spybot

a good download manager is download accelerator plus (DAP)