Wireless Router - Sending email problems

I just hooked up my Belkin wireless 2.4ghz 802.11b router and I cannot send
emails - I can recieve emails but it just times out when sending email.
I called Belken and my ISP and neither could solve the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

More about wireless router sending email problems

    Mark wrote:

    >I just hooked up my Belkin wireless 2.4ghz 802.11b router and I cannot send
    >emails - I can recieve emails but it just times out when sending email.
    >I called Belken and my ISP and neither could solve the problem.
    >
    >Thanks in advance for your help.

    Who hosts your email account? BellSouth? Their servers are very very slow.

    "Mark" <markneed@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I just hooked up my Belkin wireless 2.4ghz 802.11b router and I cannot
    send
    > emails - I can recieve emails but it just times out when sending email.
    > I called Belken and my ISP and neither could solve the problem.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > --

    E-mail uses 2 different ports to send and receive. Port 25 is normally used
    to receive e-mail. Sending is usually either 110 (pop) or 143 (imap).
    There are others for pops and imaps, but the point I am reaching for is to
    check your router setup to see if it is blocking access to those ports.

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:41:21 -0800, "Otha Stubblefield"
    <otha.stubblefield@ucla.edu> wrote:

    <snip>

    >E-mail uses 2 different ports to send and receive. Port 25 is normally used
    >to receive e-mail. Sending is usually either 110 (pop) or 143 (imap).
    >There are others for pops and imaps, but the point I am reaching for is to
    >check your router setup to see if it is blocking access to those ports.

    You've got it backwards.

    Port 25 is SMTP (sending)
    Port 110 is POP3 (receiving)

Wireless Wireless Router Email Wireless Networking