Metro 2033 worth the money?

Hi,i was wondering what people think of Metro 2033,its on sale on Steam for £4.99,its ment to be £19.99. Been reading some critics reviews,some like it some don`t but i would rather get gamers opinions on it.
14 answers Last reply
More about metro 2033 worth money
  1. Metro 2033 has some pretty neat graphics. The gameplay is good too. The replay value.....well, that's debatable! I loved everything about the game except for one thing.....the weapons in the game are pretty ineffective. It takes like 10 shots to kill a simple enemy. If you can discount that li'l drawback, I'd say it's definitely worth getting. The storyline is good, it's not too fast nor too slow. It looks great will all the eye candy turned on. I loved it on my quad core @2.33 with a GTS250 and am loving it even more with my present rig!

Oh, and for 5 quid, don't think on, just buy it! It's a good deal. :)
  2. ^^ Its not extraordinary but for 5, its a deal //
  3. If you have the hardware to run It Its a great game. One of the most demanding Games out there at the moment. £5 is a good deal imo.
  4. Thanks guys for the feed back,i cant run it full chat but not far off,i dont have a DX11 card i have 2 1gig 4870`s in CF AMD 9950 BE@3Ghz and 8Gig of ram so i should be good for medium to high settings i would have thought. I have heard that it is a bit of a pc killer. Well i think ill D/L it then. Thanks again for the feedback.
  5. Enjoy- It should run well with 4870 Xfired..
  6. Cheers 55range,much appriciated.
  7. NP -
  8. For the price get it! With your hardware you should be able to enjoy it. I still haven't finished it, its fun sometimes then boring the next moment.
  9. andy_93 said:
    Hi,i was wondering what people think of Metro 2033,its on sale on Steam for £4.99,its ment to be £19.99. Been reading some critics reviews,some like it some don`t but i would rather get gamers opinions on it.

It is very stressing and I find that a refreshing experience for a video game.I was really worried when I was outside the metro and my air filter was about to be depleted and at the same time mutants tried to break my gas mask.On the other hand the ghost scenes are a bit too scary for me;p
  10. andy_93 said:

make sure get a pair of gtx 580 for sli and i7 970 + 12gb ram before you make that purchase..
  11. cheesesubs said:
    make sure get a pair of gtx 580 for sli and i7 970 + 12gb ram before you make that purchase..

Utterly exaggerated- more than 6 gb of ram is overkill for gaming, and you dont necessarily need sli 580 to run, not even on max. Sure its very power hungry, like the new crysis, the Op has 4870 Xfired, he will run it on fine.
  12. I had the settings fairly well turned up, not sure what settings I missed maxing, along the way - but in the early stages my single 4870 was running it perfectly playable at 1680x1050.

I doubt I will play it a great deal, but still gotta be worth £5...
  13. cheesesubs said:

LOL!!! Good one!

But don't freak out the OP.

@OP:
    Your setup 'will' run the game pretty well. You'll only miss out on DX11, but trust me, it'll still be great. I've played it on DX10 (GTS250) and DX11 (GTX470) and honestly, the difference ain't all that. True, it's there but you can very much live without it. :) So enjoy the game.
  14. Lol @ BeCoolBro,sounds just up my street that kind of game,i was a big fan of the Fear games(not the expansion pack tho) and Doom 3.Also lol @ namelessonez "But don`t freak out the OP.) well i did think wtf lol,i could not afford that setup,i live in the uk where things are very expencive, one GTX580 costs £460 in the uk which is around $720 so i doubt ill be buying that setup any time soon.
    Thanks for all your feed back,its very much appriciated.

PS i did for get to add to my specs that i will be playing at 1920X1200 thats the native resolution of my monitor.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Reviews Steam Video Games