A7V rev. 1.04

Mahimahi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm going to buy an Asus A7V mobo.
But this morning I read an article that said that for making most out of the 1005a bios one got to have at least a REV 1.04 mobo.
So here is my question. Does anyone know where I can buy an ASUS A7V rev 1.04?
I think no one realy likes to buy an out of date mobo if there is another on the market with a lot of existing problems solved :)

(part of the article)
""""What is the latest BIOS for the A7V?
The latest BIOS available for the Asus A7V is currently 1005a. Where can you get it? In our Athlonmb.com Files Section.
This bios adds a new feature to the Asus A7V: Bios multiplier and FSB adjustments. This gives the user the ability to edit the FSB and multipliers in the Bios without opening your machine and physically editing the dipswitches.
There are numerous questions with this latest update. For some users, the software-based adjustments work on some motherboards, but not on others. To the best of my knowledge, you need a motherboard with revision 1.04 or higher to take advantage of all the new features."""""

G

Don't understand why you want to buy the a7v. There are a bunch of new motherboards with better performance according to Tom's latest reviews.

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
As I understand it the added features (dipswitchless settings) only work on 1.04 boards, but overall some people say 1005a is far more stable on any board.

I havn't tried it.

- JW

Mahimahi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi Gorenc,
They'r not so great if you ask me, only the Aopen could be taken into consideration. But I allways have had ASUS boards so why changing it for something unknown that has practically the same specs?

Mahimahi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi GCLW,
The article said " they work on SOME boards, on OTHER boards they didn't. Perhaps the boards that worked fine were all rev.1.04 boards????? Question mark for me too.
Better take no risks and go for the rev.1.04 :)

G

I'm glad the Asus boards have worked for you. They haven't for me and my latest - the a7v was no exception. I spent a month and a half, exchanging hardware, ps's, cpu's k/bs, etc. trying to make it work. As I was ready to throw it on the freeway, a user on this forum suggested Promise Build 33 drivers and bios 1005a. It fixed the problem, but I wasted a month and a half trying to make it work. (When I first got the board, bios 1005a wasn't out yet).