Linksys WRT54G WPA problem...

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
November 11, 2004 7:48:03 PM

Hello! I got a Linksys WRT54G v.2 802.11G Broadband Router (already
upgraded the latest firmware), and 2 Linksys WPC54G PCMCIA NICs v.1
(the lastest driver), 2 Notebooks, one with WINXP Pro and one with
WINXP Home ed., they work fine for WEP, but when i switch to WPA-PSK
(both AES and TKIP), they can't connect anymore (can't acquire the
network address). I am sure it's not the passphase problem, I try to
uninstall the driver and install again, it worked fine once on my
WINXP Pro, but after rebooted, it failed again.. I try to input the
SSID, select WPA-PSK, and then the passphase directly in the wireless
tab, it can't help.

I've contacted Linksys and of course they couldn't help me. Do you hv
this problem and how can you solve it.. Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Kent
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 8:44:08 PM

Are you using SP2? Is the router broadcasting its SSID? Are you using
Linksys' wireless utility to connect or XP's built-in wireless service?
Does your passphrase contain non-alphanumeric characters (this is not
supposed to matter)?

BTW: For testing WEP to WPA-PSK migrations, it helps to change the SSID of
the router so that XP remembers the WEP key under the old SSID in case
things do not work with WPA.

-Yves

"Kent" <kent_cheung@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D c94db20.0411111648.783fccd5@posting.google.com...
> Hello! I got a Linksys WRT54G v.2 802.11G Broadband Router (already
> upgraded the latest firmware), and 2 Linksys WPC54G PCMCIA NICs v.1
> (the lastest driver), 2 Notebooks, one with WINXP Pro and one with
> WINXP Home ed., they work fine for WEP, but when i switch to WPA-PSK
> (both AES and TKIP), they can't connect anymore (can't acquire the
> network address). I am sure it's not the passphase problem, I try to
> uninstall the driver and install again, it worked fine once on my
> WINXP Pro, but after rebooted, it failed again.. I try to input the
> SSID, select WPA-PSK, and then the passphase directly in the wireless
> tab, it can't help.
>
> I've contacted Linksys and of course they couldn't help me. Do you hv
> this problem and how can you solve it.. Thank you very much!
>
> Cheers,
> Kent
November 17, 2004 9:39:58 AM

Hi Yves, thx 4 your advice, but it doesn't work 4 me...

!