Altec Lansing Drivers

mmike99

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
Hi there,I have an ASUS K50I-RBBGR05, and Id like to find the driver for the Altec Lansing srs audio, as the audio right now is very low, and my understanding is the one needed is the altec lansing ....tyvm in advance..

Altec Lansing is a speaker manufacturer, the drivers would be for your audio hardware in the ASUS. Did you check the volume settings? Sometimes the Windows volume is not the only place to control it, if there are + - volume buttons on the laptop, try to up that as well.

mmike99

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009

HI Buwish I have looked there, however, either I didnt search in the right spot or be this is a little more of a challenge. The following article's response menue has several folks in the same position(same lappy), however the fix at least to me is a bit unclear.
http://soundingoff.srslabs.com/?p=969

Ill quote the area were the fix is, perhaps someone else maybe be able to see/find how thats done.

"Uninstall SRS. 2. Up load your ASUS Win7 Driver and Utility Disc. 3.Click “install all” and it will give you a list of all that’s available. 4. Uncheck everything except “Audio SRS”. 5. Download. 6. It will prompt “reboot?” press YES. 7. When it restarted it was all automatic and added an icon onto my toolbar. I looked up “programs” on the start menu and it was there too under “SRS Labs”. All in all it took me 15 minutes. Do it now!!!!!"

Were is this upload coming from?

tyvm in advance

I think you are missing a letter in your model #, I went to check the driver downloads from ASUS and all of the K50I models had one more letter after the "I". Can you double-check the model #, can probably get you a direct link to what you are looking for.

If you go to the Asus support site and just enter K50I, it comes up with

"The info that matches with your Keyword search is shown below.

K50ID K50IE K50Ij K50Ij(BestBuy)
K50IL K50IN K50IP "

If you take a look at the back of the laptop, see if it has the K50I number there that matches one of the ones I pasted in above.

You need to check the volume controls, both in Windows and in the application playing the sounds. I have heard a few laptops with Altec Lansing speakers and they can get pretty lound, unless what you are expecting is to play a concert using your laptop. You should be able to hear the speakers pretty clearly from across a room, but not much more than that.

Altec Lansing will not have drivers, they just make the speakers. The drivers are for the laptop audio hardware which you already installed.