Sign in with
Your question

Hurry need to pick a "gaming" monitor by the 17th of dec

Last response: in Video Games
December 15, 2010 3:12:39 AM

I would like a 23-24'' monitor for $300 or under. Low input lag and very little to no ghosting. It also has to be on newegg, in stock. I'll mainly be using it for gaming but also some Adobe stuff on the side (currently going to school for Multimedia). I like the LG W2486L but it seems to be always out of stock on newegg and the US, i can find it in europe tho >.>. If all else fails im going with the Samsung PX2370. I dont want an acer (dont ask why) and i dont like the 3D gimmick stuff.. I play mainly rpg games so IPS wouldnt be bad with RT but they are too expesive. I have no problem with viewing angles so a TN monitor is just fine. tho RPG games and IPS panel monitors look amazing >.>

thanks,
Shawn
December 15, 2010 3:00:10 PM

Thanks for the post. I could only find about 15 reviews within the last 12 months on prad.de and a few of them are discontinued. What makes the Asus VK246H so much cheaper than the SAMSUNG PX2370 other than its LED backlight and slim design? Currently I have a samsung 19''(3 years old) so I am leaning toward samsung more. Anyone else with suggestions?
m
l
Related resources
December 15, 2010 10:06:42 PM

Have this one. Read the reviews.
m
l
a c 408 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
December 15, 2010 11:30:15 PM

i got that one from newegg had three dead pixels!
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 195 C Monitor
December 15, 2010 11:51:52 PM

Shawn7704 said:
Thanks for the post. I could only find about 15 reviews within the last 12 months on prad.de and a few of them are discontinued. What makes the Asus VK246H so much cheaper than the SAMSUNG PX2370 other than its LED backlight and slim design? Currently I have a samsung 19''(3 years old) so I am leaning toward samsung more. Anyone else with suggestions?

Samsung is a better recognized name brand, therefore they can charge a higher premium and Asus. The Asus VK246H case and stand are basically all plastic while the Samsung PX2370 seems to use a little bit of metal in the stand. The Asus has been around since November / December 2008 therefore it is possible that Asus was able to improve the production process to produce more VK246H every hour, thus reducing costs. Lastly, Asus reduced the price simply to compete with newer monitors. This allows Newegg and other retailers to sell it for a lower price as well. The monitor was selling for $310 when it was introduced.

It's up to you to decide which of these two is better. Or to look at other possible candidates...

m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 195 C Monitor
December 15, 2010 11:53:20 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
i got that one from newegg had three dead pixels!

That can happen with any brand and even with high end LCD monitors.
m
l
!