Sign in with
Your question

Please suggest good pc games.

Last response: in Video Games
December 16, 2010 2:53:27 PM

Hi..
Please suggest me few good titles as I am already dissapointed in :(  games like NFS HP, Fallout New Vegas, COD Black Ops..every new title is more dissappointing really.
All the developers have forgt about the GAMEPLAY instead helping the GPU manufacturers to make money.
I got Call of Juarez and thoroughly enjoyed it :) .
Rt now playing Fear 2 very thrilling, and might go for Batman: Arkham Asylum or Gears of wars (if they are good?).
But felt like asking here really great pc titles ( any year ) as I have wasted enough money for the so called most awaited games eh!!

More about : suggest good games

December 16, 2010 4:00:52 PM

I'm in the same boat as you. I want something to play on my new build other than Counter-Strike and COD:BO.

I wonder what AC: Brotherhood is like on the PC....

Might get Dirt2 to try the DX11 and I do like the occasional racing game.
m
l
December 16, 2010 4:11:09 PM

Yes your right about game developers, cpu and gpu manufacturers, they're all in for the money. Have you tried Xmen origins: wolverine? Lost Planet 1 and 2, Stalker's shadow of chernobyl, clearsky and call of pripyat (these are my favorites), Gears of War is a very nice game. Dirt 2, Dead Space and Resident Evil 5
m
l
Related resources
December 16, 2010 4:13:58 PM

Yes,as most of the critics are biased giving stupid games high ratings, so felt like asking the real end users :) ..
I got Dirt 2 with my GPU..its not an easy game but can be fun and the graphics are just jaw dropping with DX 11. Burnout Paradise for pc is another fun game.
Yes I have played DeadSpace awesome :) . I ll take a look at Lost planet 1 and 2.
m
l
December 17, 2010 11:12:33 AM

Off the top of my head

BFBC2 + the vietnam expansion = 1000000000000% better than COD
World in conflict for a fun RTS
Trackmania for a quick and fun racing game
Civ 5
Eve online (not everyone's cup of tea tho)
Left 4 Dead 2 (lots of ragequitters tho)
m
l
December 17, 2010 12:06:38 PM

Trackmania is pretty awesome, and cheap. I like building/modding cars. Graphics are pretty stellar and it runs smooth.

I downloaded Zombie Driver off Steam for $2.50 last night. Hilarious. Actually a fun game. Reminds me of the OLD GTA with trumped up graphics. Fun to rage to, get the iTunes going in the background.

Played COD:BO for 5 hours last night. Anything with an XP system and unlockables drives me nuts. Because I need to unlock everything before I can quit.
m
l
December 17, 2010 12:29:08 PM

BFBC2 is like the best game I have ever played after Half-life 1 and 2..amazing amazing.
Civ 5 is cool too as I am really new to the series, I am watching few video tutorials nd thn playing..endless hours of fun.
I have read good reviews about Metro 2033 also..and it looked intrstng too.
Anyone played it?
I think I might get Metro 2033 and Batman: AA....
m
l
December 17, 2010 1:42:27 PM

try:

Crysis
FarCry 2 (this can get a bit boring).
Borderlands (coop ftw)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Dragon Age: Origins ;) 
Mass Effect 1 + Mass Effect 2 ;)  ;) 
Left 4 Dead 2
Mirror's Edge
All the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games
The Sims 3
All the Half-Life games + team fortress 2

btw why don't you like fallout: NV ?? it's awesome.
m
l
December 17, 2010 2:36:58 PM

thnks ... I have played Crysis Warhead...amazing. Mass Effect 2 ( though I liked it but things were not very linear so I kinda gave up in the mid.) Mirror's Edge is cool like it. Half Life finished every game of it..my all time fvrte. Far Cry 2...mmm way too boring.

Why i ddnt like the fallout:NV?..I ll just paste the reason from my other post
" Hi,
I Had seen good ratings and reviews about fallout series, so went to buy the title 'NewVegas', paid 50$ for it, installed it all fine...
I ddnt had any idea about the story, gameplay etc cze I have never played any title from the Fallout Series.
Game started fine, detected the hardware, set it on Ultra.
and..it looked like a 1995 PC game, poor graphics, worst texture (half life even in 1998 looked awesome and still is decent looking game).
Graphics 0.5/10..what a shame even in 2010 you are making this kind of crap looking games.
Game Mechanics even worst...the gun looked like as if it is made up of paper. No recoil nothing.eh, forget the physics or if the developers even know the word physics at all.
Gameplay...walking walking ..two rat like creatures came.bang bang...walking walking...scenery was amazingly ugly..stones omg,Super Boring quests..eh..reminded of far cry2..walking ...walking yawnzz. After an hour I had to uninstall it, what a lifeless unexciting game. Gave it to my friend he uninstalled it in the first 15 minutes.I have played mass effect 2 , another RPG..and what an awesome game it was, though i don't like non-linear story games but ME2 was good."

Nothing indulging, very slow action and that too in tits and bits kinda boring for me. Not a game for me atleast.
m
l
December 17, 2010 6:29:40 PM

FONV is first and foremost an RPG with some aspects of a FPS. The thing that attracts me to it is the ability to explore the world and develop a character around how I feel like playing that play through. It shines a lot more in Hardcore mode, since it makes the game a lot more realistic. Download a few mods to make the game even more realistic (like head shots are 1 shot kills in general, but vats head shots are a lot less accurate, and hunger/dehydration occur faster) and you're golden from a FPS post apocalyptic sense. It’s def not for everyone, especially if you’re big on graphics.

As far as games to check out, it depends on what you’re looking for. I would recommend Portal for a fun strategy game. If you don’t mind older graphics, Oblivion is pretty fun and might be worth checking out before the next Elder Scrolls comes out. I personally wasn’t too impressed with Oblivion because the combat system was too easy (create a few spells that increase magic taken and 1 shot anything). I would venture to say you won’t like it because it’s similar to FO in the fact that there’s a lot of walking and the physics aren’t realistic. It’s more of a game for RPG fans.

Dragon Age is a good game, but again, this is a RPG and isn't like many other games. At first I disliked the game, but it grew on me. I would maybe liken it to Diablo. You will probably find yourself playing in turned based mode fairly often, so it's not ideal for those who like fast paced games.
m
l
December 17, 2010 7:56:24 PM

Star Craft 2, good strategy game.
Call of Duty 4 still owns the new ones.
Team fortress/ Source Games.
These games I play the most.
m
l
December 18, 2010 2:07:19 AM

@bamslang No I am not into Graphics thing but more into Gameplay, but , as it is almost 2011 We can still expect a bit on the Graphics side.
I ddnt find the element of surprise, action, fear , tension, stealth ..( like in fear or BFBC2) or FUN in it ( Plants vs Zombies a casual game but wow wow )
I still love and play mario 3 :p  (and many other old console games) , first half life, aoe 2...they just keep you stick to them. Genre dsnt matter to me but atleast a game should provide some kind of element in atleast an hour to stick the player to it,,,sadly I ddnt find it in Fallout.
RPG like MEffect 2 was like just awesome :D ..really enjoyed it.
Anywys I have ordered Metro 2033 and Batman: AA :D .

Star craft 2..I guess its a good RTS? I ll get its demo first.
thnks
m
l
December 18, 2010 12:48:11 PM

What a funny notion that all the manufactures are in it for the money. Why else would they develop all the new technology that we all feed on? DDDDDaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
m
l
December 18, 2010 2:40:03 PM

Use a little brain please and read it again, they are just for the money, game developers helping the GPU manufctrrs,not spending time and effort to figure out better gameplays and so we are not getting the GOOD GAMEPLAY in the games..EH.., just Hype a game as the most demanding one, sell few million new GPUs and later everyone says the gameplay sux.
m
l
December 18, 2010 3:43:51 PM

I think you'll really like Arkham Asylum. I've yet to meet someone who didn't--on any platform. I really enjoyed Borderlands--especially the unique graphics, music, and atmosphere. But it probably appeals to a specific demographic. COD4 is still the best IMHO for online multiplayer. MW2 would be just as good, I think, if they allowed dedicated servers. Someone already mentioned Crysis and Warhead. If you like fighters, I really enjoyed SF4. And the Trackmania series has some free titles that are the most fun racing games I've ever played (seriously).
m
l
December 18, 2010 3:45:00 PM

I've also heard some very positive reviews about Portal. I know it's a little older, but it sounds pretty unique and fun. That's next on my own list.
m
l
December 18, 2010 8:28:19 PM

Why don't you try some games over at Good Old Games (gog[dot]com).They generally have older titles (some are not that old though) and the games have absolutely no DRM (You can install them on as many computers as you own or will own in the future).Their prices are pretty cheap too with many titles between $5 to $10.
Some titles that I got there were Postal 2 with the Apocalypse add on pack,iL-2 1946 and some other titles.
m
l
a b α HP
December 19, 2010 5:43:11 AM

I was kinda bored a while ago so I tossed about $20 at King's Bounty: Game of the Year Edition (Armored Princess & Crossworlds expansion) when I saw it on sale. It actually turned out to be pretty good.
m
l
December 19, 2010 7:21:18 AM

What about world in conflict? i h ave heard its super amazing game is it?
m
l
December 21, 2010 11:52:20 AM

World in Conflict is a nice change for an rts, its not about building a huge army and blobbing the enemy to death you choose a class and stick with it (in multiplayer). For example you go as support with artil and aa, or armour with various tanks, you can also go as air support. Teamwork is essential tho ;)  And the kill rewards can be awesome, i.e carpet bombs, nukes, etc. Very pretty :) 
I havent played too much of the single player but again it is similar regarding building your army, (no blobs) but its a quite a good story and quite long.
m
l
December 21, 2010 2:09:24 PM

If you are into the horror genre this game is very good, Amnesia: The dark Descent. It's currently 50%off, $10. You can also get it on sale on Steam right now, plus steam has a demo for it.
m
l
December 21, 2010 2:21:23 PM

Games I'm playing now:
Vindictus (free to play MMO with small party instanced hack and slash. Free, and fun)
Starcraft 2
Mount and Blade: Warband (really fun mideval city management and first person combat with large scale battles, and very compelling multiplayer fun).
If you have crysis, look up Mechwarrior Legends as a mod that puts battletech in the Crysis game engine.
Batman: Arkham asylum was much fun, recommend you use a controller to. I use logitec dual action.
Played Dirt 2 a lot, again use a controller for analog control, keyboard is stupid.

I would like to try amnesia: Dark desent but I'm a total pu$$y and scare easily.

m
l
December 21, 2010 3:03:45 PM

Crysis, Left 4 Dead 2, Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2 series, Counter-Strike: Source, but really anything from Valve I would highly recommend.
m
l
December 21, 2010 5:14:14 PM

Couple good games on the horizon, but with Black Ops finally running how it should, i'll be playing that for awhile. Maybe throw in some BBC2:Vietnam action.
m
l
December 28, 2010 6:40:27 PM

Dirt2 is a pretty decent game. Great graphics and relatively good car physics. Only thing is that it gets a little repetative.
m
l
December 28, 2010 6:53:05 PM

Flat Out 2, Call of Duty 4...
m
l
!