Sign in with
Your question

Games similar to Mass Effect 2?

Last response: in Video Games
December 17, 2010 6:06:02 PM

Hey everyone, it is Christmas and i'm looking for a game to hold me for a few days or a week, I do not play that many video games but the last game I beat was ME 2 and then ME1 (in that order) and I really enjoyed it, not too much RPG aspects, more action based etc.

I have tried Dragon Age but it is a little too RPG based for my taste, not that I don't mind that, but I think if I am going to take all that time gathering armor learning specific skills etc etc, it might as well be in a MMO....

I am open to suggestions, I have Bioshock but for some reason the shooting engine is probably the worst I have seen in any FPS game
December 17, 2010 6:09:45 PM

I should add that one of the main parts about Dragon Age I didn't like was the auto attack part
m
l
December 19, 2010 9:56:51 PM

hmm....I'm a gamer myself. I'd recommend you some games but give me a more specific description of what type of games you like.
Some good games are
Assassins Creed 1 and 2
Batman Arklym
Just Cause 2
Napoleon Total War ( you can try some of the previous ones if you like)

I think you might enjoy Fallout 3 its similar to ME..action based fps with a RPG twist

m
l
Related resources
December 20, 2010 12:03:40 PM

I can second Fallout3, good game, with three different endings depending on how you play the game. Just Cause 2 is good but less RPG and more run, gun and blow things up in a massive open world.
m
l
December 20, 2010 12:15:08 PM

^
In Just Cause 2 the only rpg elements would be leveling up to buy weapons and vehicles through the gun dealer, so it should be perfect for what you want.
m
l
December 20, 2010 2:34:43 PM

Yup! Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas indeed..but no romance option..
m
l
December 24, 2010 4:50:18 PM

Update: Been playing Dragon Age Severely, rolled a Mage instead of a melee char...about 5x more fun.

I will try Assassins Cree and give Fallout3 another chance when I am done, thanks for all the suggestions!
m
l
December 24, 2010 6:15:46 PM

krogoth1989 said:
Update: Been playing Dragon Age Severely, rolled a Mage instead of a melee char...about 5x more fun.

I will try Assassins Cree and give Fallout3 another chance when I am done, thanks for all the suggestions!

Dragon Age is soooo much fun.. :D  its so immersive specially if you form some sort of bond with the characters on it..After I finished the game, i bought all the DLCs immediately..Cant wait or the second..though I got alittle sad when the 2nd features a different portagonist and you wont be able to import your character from origins like in the DLCs..But it ok..DAO still rocks.. :na:  :na:  :na: 
m
l
January 2, 2011 11:31:37 PM

Beat Dragon Age, considering RDR as it apparently won game of a few sites
m
l
!