help with my new kt7!

G

OK..I just put together my abit kt7 with a duron 800 and i tried one 64mb ram chip 100mhz and a 128mhz sdram 100mhz..I have a creative tnt2 card and a 300w case...The problem is when I try to install windows98 either my system will lock up before it scans the registry or if it passes it, the windows setup screen will show up and when it's installing a whole bunch of error messages pop out, then it locks up on me again. Please help before I give the board back because I'm beginning to think that this board is Not working properly..

G

First of what kind of error messages are yuo getting?

Second i saw you had two memory dimms .. did you look up in which memory slot they should be installed in and in what order.. this may be the cause of the problem . Also try it with just one memory dimm at a time and see if you get the same errors you are getting now.. One of the dimms may be defective..

please give us some more details so we can help you, i mean it may not be tyhe memory dimms .. could be that the mobo is defective.. no way to determije that now,.

Hey man i dont know .. i just think i do !!

G

what other cards have you installed (sound , nic etc)
and in what slots have placed them.
Maybe there's a problem with the irq sharing
succes

I want a tbird

G

Is the processor overclocked?
I have set up several kt7's now and I have found them to be sensitive to overclocked tbirds. Try underclocking it in the softmenu bios....
I got exactly the same problem with both an overclocked 700 to 900 and 1.1 to 1.25 tbirds. Underclocked them and hey preto worked fine.
If that fails turn off the AGP 4x in the bios and try that.

TRENDING THREADS