Are PC Gamers Too Good for Console Gamers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

excalibur1814

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
It's also down to how good the player is. I've had friends that spent 5 minutes looking up and then down while running around in a fps before now.

As it stands, I use both a 360 controller and Mouse+key combo on my pc. Mouse and keyboard cannot be beaten for fps. This has been talked about for the last 8+ years and this keeps going on and on.

But, as I first stated, if you're rubbish then no controller will help (But extreme auto aim might :) )

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Let it be said too that switching sucks. Back in the original UT I had the nickname "kodak" because i could consistently "snapshot" an instant kill on the fly, that is, turn, shoot, death. On the console, it's a challenge to fire once and hit your target in the same method.

jesman1985

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
after reading this i couldnt help but to feel a sense of pride.. :) thats right.. pc gamers ARE better than console gamers.. UGHHH!!!!

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
yea, i played a lan a few months back where a few guys were using xbox 360 ocntrolers on thier pc's cause "We're better at consoles than on pc's" ... it worked out about the same :D

i think it'd be great for xbox live to work with pc games though, could open up revenue for microsoft in mroe xbox live subscriptions and in turn it could result in less hacking in pc gaming durring online play; now i'm not sayign only allow it via live, just an option and merging players would make for some interesting chatter... you could tell the xbox users by the slew of F bombs and thier voices periodically cracking due to having just hit puberty... you could tell the pc gamers by looking at leaderboards ;)

domenic

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
PC Gamers are better but does that make the PC a superior gaming platform? I think you would need to study the experience each platform provides. Just because you are "better" doesn't necessarily mean you're having more fun.

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I think the point of this article is not that PC players are more skilled, but that the keyboard+plus mouse allows for greater control then dual analogue sticks. It should be "mouse + keyboard > console controller".

andman22

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
The benefit of a console is an even playing field for every one. It puts more emphasis in who is better at the game, and not who has a better system. PC's and consoles are two completely different things.

domenic

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]JeanLuc[/nom]I'm pulling the biggest smuggest grin you ever did see after reading that.[/citation]
[citation][nom]jesman1985[/nom]after reading this i couldnt help but to feel a sense of pride.. thats right.. pc gamers ARE better than console gamers.. UGHHH!!!![/citation]

Congratulations to you two. I'm glad the article validated your self-worth.

randomroger

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
By it's very nature, the mouse will always win. The reason console games have aim assist (the "sandpaper" kind not the lock on kind), is because a thumbstick just can't do what a mouse can and it can be pretty hard to use without any help.

Also, I'm feeling this implied idea (from the post) that PC gamers are simply better. That would depend on the the INDIVIDUAL, not what they play on. Seems like food just to start a flame war in the comments. They are different things with different gameplay (even in the same multiplatform game).

If they really took the "best" console players and made them play "mediocre" PC players, if it was a NEW game none of them had ever played, the PC gamers could win by advantage, but if they were playing, say, Halo 2, I still think the console players would win because they'd just know what to do better (teamwork, tactics, yada yada). Aim is not everything.

Meh, you get the idea and no, I'm not a console fanboy. I don't like this brand of news.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
Cross-platform gaming should always be offered, with the choice to filter out platforms you wish to play against, leave it up to the people

G

I'm sure some of you are old enough to remember having LAN Doom tournaments back in the day? There were 3 sets of controls in use then:
1) Keyboard Only
2) Gamepads (Gravis pad, etc)
3) Mouse + Keyboard

The results of every tournament I ever played in was in reverse order, with few and/or NO exceptions. This is something pc gamers have known for two decades. I long for the day that console gamers get thrown into the same servers as me.

[citation][nom]domenic[/nom]PC Gamers are better but does that make the PC a superior gaming platform? I think you would need to study the experience each platform provides. Just because you are "better" doesn't necessarily mean you're having more fun.[/citation]

Exactly what I was thinking. When I buy a game for 360/PS3 I know for sure that there will be atleast 10-20,000 people with the game, and that's not even for a triple A title. Triple A titles get into the millions.

Then I buy the same game for PC and I get 2-300 people. lol, what a joke. Don't get me wrong, I love the PC and everything it brings to the table, but with aim-bots, wall hacks, piracy, poor console ports, and very low online numbers, it's easy to see why most buy their games for the console.

I hate to even say it but...the best chance the PC has for a gaming resurgence would be if the console's were 100% compatible with PC games. Even then, the cheating would just go through the roof on the console as well.

The way I see it if you want to play more skilled players, play on PC. If you buy a game and you want to know that the game will still have a ton of players after a month or two buy the game for the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.