Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need Game Suggestions to Challenge New Rig

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 19, 2010 2:04:15 PM

Just finished building my new computer but I've been out of the gaming world for a while. I want to test out my new system on the newer demanding games, but I have no idea what those are. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

Here is my setup:
Memory: 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz triple channel
Motherboard: GigaByte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 Chipset
PSU: 1000W Cool Master Silent Pro Gold
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
December 22, 2010 4:41:34 AM

What's your processor?

Try these:

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Metro 2033
Medal of Honour 2010
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Crysis/ Crysis Warhead (if you haven't played them already)
Bioshock 2
m
0
l
December 22, 2010 9:10:51 AM

ArmA 2 is one of the most demanding games i know.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 22, 2010 3:13:37 PM

What cpu ?
m
0
l
December 22, 2010 5:11:35 PM

damn nice rig

Id say try crysis 2560*1600 with maxed AA AF then tell us avrage frame
m
0
l
December 22, 2010 5:16:36 PM

Metro 2033, COD, and Bioshock 2 I am definitely going to check out. I haven't heard much about the other games, and I'm not a very big fan of Crysis.
m
0
l
December 22, 2010 5:49:14 PM

Nice rig- Well- as suggested, crysis, metro 2033, just cause 2,gta 4, cod black ops ..
m
0
l
December 23, 2010 1:15:55 AM

he'll run crysis at that pretty easily. i can play crysis at 5760 x 1080 with highest everywhere with like 60FPS with my 3 6970s and the 980X

wait for the big system challenger of 2011 todays stuff cant get ur hardware right now w/e going to crazy resolutions
m
0
l
December 23, 2010 11:24:16 AM



you hv got a crazy rig. :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

put it on test with GTA IV - Ballad of Tony Gay with MAX settings. Play it for 2 hours at least straight and then press ALT TAB, run a virus scan in the background and return to game, I bet you will not even feel the scan.


m
0
l
December 23, 2010 11:30:28 AM

asheesh1_2000 said:
you hv got a crazy rig. :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

put it on test with GTA IV - Ballad of Tony Gay with MAX settings. Play it for 2 hours at least straight and then press ALT TAB, run a virus scan in the background and return to game, I bet you will not even feel the scan.

He will- Scans are really heavy on hdd- Game utilizes the hdd- therefore there would be a little slowdown-
m
0
l
December 23, 2010 3:49:41 PM

55Range said:
He will- Scans are really heavy on hdd- Game utilizes the hdd- therefore there would be a little slowdown-



I think game usualy runs between RAM and VRAM while HDD is only accessed when you are starting a new level or round to access new set of characters and game files and old ones are unloaded.

m
0
l
December 23, 2010 3:52:45 PM

asheesh1_2000 said:
I think game usualy runs between RAM and VRAM while HDD is only accessed when you are starting a new level or round to access new set of characters and game files and old ones are unloaded.

True- But for example in GTA 4, loads of textures must be loaded, roads/buildings/light, this utilizes the hdd a lot, also of course, v ram, cpu, ram-
m
0
l
December 25, 2010 3:17:42 AM

Token23 said:
ArmA 2 is one of the most demanding games i know.



I'll second that. My system can almost always handle it maxed at 1920x1080, but it still hiccups on occasion. I'm running an i7 975 @ 3.5 GHz, 12 GB 1033 MHz, and dual HD 5970s. Forget Crysis. If your rig can handle ArmA II, it's a beast.
m
0
l
!