Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Games like Age of Empires....

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 20, 2010 4:16:16 AM



I hv played all the Age of Empires including the latest ones i.e. Asian Dynasty and War Chiefs and I think they hv stopped producing after that.

So I am looking for more games like that and in that attempt I happened to play CEASER but to me it was nothing as compared to Age of Empires. I am looking for something..

1. which has gameplay like AOE i.e. should not have only wars but also the creation of Houses, Fields, Buildings, farming, etc. This is the reason I did not like Company of Heroes as it is just WAR and WAR.

2. Great graphics.

3. I am not sure how much good is Age of Mythology.

4. I hv seen Civilization 5 on youtube but I think they also hv just wars and not detailed constructions like AOE.



Could you suggest....?



More about : games age empires

December 20, 2010 7:40:16 AM

Age of Empires 4 is being launched in October 2011
m
0
l
December 20, 2010 12:32:33 PM

John1234 said:
Age of Empires 4 is being launched in October 2011




thats quite far....
m
0
l
Related resources
December 20, 2010 4:41:17 PM

Well..try the Total War or Stronghold series..Those games are not that new but it features battles, economy and construction..
m
0
l
December 20, 2010 8:11:26 PM

oh i miss age of empires series
m
0
l
December 20, 2010 8:12:13 PM

it's been 4 years since the last release of the game
m
0
l
December 20, 2010 9:27:55 PM

AoE was a great series. Not really sure about other games like it, but I'm in to hear what others come up with.
m
0
l
December 21, 2010 9:09:20 AM

asheesh1_2000 said:
I hv played all the Age of Empires including the latest ones i.e. Asian Dynasty and War Chiefs and I think they hv stopped producing after that.

So I am looking for more games like that and in that attempt I happened to play CEASER but to me it was nothing as compared to Age of Empires. I am looking for something..

1. which has gameplay like AOE i.e. should not have only wars but also the creation of Houses, Fields, Buildings, farming, etc. This is the reason I did not like Company of Heroes as it is just WAR and WAR.

2. Great graphics.

3. I am not sure how much good is Age of Mythology.

4. I hv seen Civilization 5 on youtube but I think they also hv just wars and not detailed constructions like AOE.



Could you suggest....?



Not released yet, but you may want to keep an eye on this one:

http://gaspowered.com/kingsandcastles/

If it's anything like Supreme Commander it will be epic.
m
0
l
December 21, 2010 9:11:39 AM

John1234 said:
Age of Empires 4 is being launched in October 2011


Source? I can't find a single reference to it besides very vague rumours.
m
0
l

Best solution

December 21, 2010 10:59:14 AM

try the settlers series, quite fun
Share
December 21, 2010 2:09:40 PM

linh6496 said:
try the settlers series, quite fun


Settler's of Catan?? :o 
m
0
l
December 21, 2010 11:05:56 PM

FSX 11 is also going to be launched by the end of next yr
m
0
l
December 22, 2010 1:56:49 PM

John1234 said:
FSX 11 is also going to be launched by the end of next yr


FSX = Flight Simulator X = Flight Simulator 10, so you can't really call the sequel FSX 11, now can you...

It will be called Microsoft Flight, according to official reports.
m
0
l
December 29, 2010 5:03:32 AM

Best answer selected by asheesh1_2000.
m
0
l
!