A7V power+on=fans question?

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My computer is working fine but I noticed something peculiar.
When I first got my A7V the fans would run for 2 or 3 seconds when I turned the power supply on.
But my A7V no longer does this. The green led comes on but no fans until I start my system.
Is this something I should worry about or did the new BIOS change this (I have 1004c)?
Thx

G

it only happens when you actually plug your computer in. not when you turn on the power supply. If you unplud your computer from the back, wait 5-10 seconds an plug it back in it will do it again.

happy gaming!

G

I think it's the bios upgrade...since installing 1005a, I no longer get the fan whirring either..freaked me out the first time, but I think there is nothing to worry about. I recommend 1005a, it is more stable for OC'ing.

DESIGN TEAM

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had a horror story when I went to 1005a.
Everything is working perfect on my computer right now with 1004c.
Is 1005a supported by Asus. I didn’t see it on there site a few days ago, and form now on.
If it’s not Asus’s website, I ain’t usin it.
Thx

Flyboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I may have to agree with you...If the new hardrive has problems then I'll try out your BIOS 1004c suggestion. I'll let you know what I find...I thought I got the 1005a BIOS from ASUS...dang I just can't remember! (Was up kind of late getting all those wonderful driver updates)

G

yes but that should seem queer and questionable for running that bios. If it's not readily available, maybe they feel it's not quite right. Some people may have success with it.. good for you.. But others may not and may be much better off going back to the latest 1004 bios.

***Hey I run Intel... but let's get real***