Kt7-Raid and Geforce 2 MX Crashing (Part 2)

G

First off, to the people who read my previous post, thanks for the info given so far.

My computer crashes whenever I try to run 3d programs.
This is what I have:
Kt7-Raid
Athlon Tbird 1ghz @1ghz
Prophet II MX
Kingston ValueRam Pc133 128meg
IBM Deskstar 75XGP 45 gig

Starting over, this is what I did.
I double checked my Bios settings... AGP4x was disabled, Aperature size = 64 meg, fast write disabled, and Video Bios shadowing was disabled.
As far as I can tell its not sharing an IRQ.

I did a clean install of Windows98se, Installed the most current 4in1 drivers(after finally finding VIAGART.cat)
Then I installed the VIA usb update, the MS win98se USB update, Directx 7.0a, and finally the Nvidia Det3's. After the quick install of my sound card I attempted to play Half-Life. It freezes during the movie at the very beginning. The point of freezing changes each time. (once I almost made it all the way through). After much frustration, I remembered to flash my bios. Did that and nothing. I'm at complete loss. http://go.to/kt7faq was helpful, but didn't solve my problem. I'm |-| this close to returning the board. Any and All help would be nice!

-Kevii

BlackWyvern3

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
try playing a 3D game without your soundcard installed. If it runs flawlessly, then it will be apparent that is a shared IRQ. You know though, I am running a very similar system. KT7-Raid, 1.1 ghz athlon, 416 megs of ram, GE Force 2 MX, Soundblaster Live! I still kind of freeze unexpectedl;y in 3D games, but only after hours