confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
Here's a link to a bunch of fast servers with the Halo teaser. For some reason this clickable link doesn't seem to work (for me at least), but copying and pasting works.

<A HREF="http://www.gamershell.com/download_2157.shtml" target="_new">http://www.gamershell.com/download_2157.shtml</A>

<i>Edit - it works now.</i>

<font color=blue>-Confucius say: A closed mouth gathers no feet.</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by confoundicator on 05/26/03 09:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Your link doesn't work for me either.

<A HREF="http://www.gamershell.com/download_2157.shtml" target="_new">Click here instead</A>.

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
By the way, that was a Halo 2 (Xbox) trailer not Halo. I was a expecting a trailer for Halo (PC).

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
What's there to tease about a game that was already made and has been out of a significant amount of time?

It's just a port, and a few extra features.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
What's there to tease about a game that was already made and has been out of a significant amount of time?

It's just a port, and a few extra features.

I suppose but the title of the this thread is "Halo Teaser". Besides some of us have been holding out (for years) for a PC version of Halo and don't own/won't own an Xbox. I've never even seen Halo.

CorpusBiscuit

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
I think this game was originally being developed as a PC game, then a port for the consoles. Then Microsoft bought off the developers to make it an X-Box game first. The same thing Microsoft did with Bioware and The Knights of the Old Republic game, which was originally announced for PC.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Halo isn't that great.....

<b>Is Nvidia cheating?</b>

<A HREF="http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,1086025,00.asp" target="_new">Extremetech says YES!</A>
<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.org/?article=9648" target="_new">Futuremark says YES!</A>

Ryan_Plus_One

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2003
You go to hell.

Halo is the messiah.

<font color=red>Now that I am running RAID 5 I find myself praying for a hard drive failure.</font color=red>

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'm sorry, but although Halo can be fun, it is not great. It's not worth buying an X-box for that game imop. It'll definitely be an improvement when they port it to the PC since I've played that game on a 12 foot projection screen as well as a HDTV and still not been content with the way it looks or feels.

<A HREF="http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,1086025,00.asp" target="_new">Extremetech says YES!</A>
<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.org/?article=9648" target="_new">Futuremark says YES!</A>

Ryan_Plus_One

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2003
That makes 2 people I need to sacrafice to the Halo gods. It's going to be a busy weekend.

<font color=red>Now that I am running RAID 5 I find myself praying for a hard drive failure.</font color=red>

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
I see teasers for Doom 3, Half-Life 2, and Far Cry, and I'm supposed to get excited over Halo? Puhleez...

<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 06/03/03 01:58 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I, for one, am actually VERY excited about Halo. I mean, what's NOT to be excited about it if you've never played it. If you can in any way call yourself a gamer you have to have at least read some of the hype or reviews. I don't own an X-Box(never will) but if there was any game which made me want one, it's Halo.

So getting to see this game on the PC where it was probaby meant to be, I am super pumped. Not only do we get Half-Life 2(which if you haven't seen any of the E3 videos...you are missing out!), Doom 3, and Far Cry, we get this gem of a game. And no doubt with sharpened visuals and MUCH better control. I don't know about you guys, but console FPS' bug the sh*t out of me. Most of them don't have enough configurable control setups. Aside from that though you really can't enjoy an FPS fully without mouse control. Just my opinion of course.

I can't wait to upgrade from a GF4 Ti4200 64mb.

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
What I meant is that I'm already in a perpetual state of pre-ejaculatory euphoria and cannot possibly become any <i>more</i> excited. The next year is going to be pretty damned good for games, I think. I just got the Chrome Demo at File Planet. Looks good, (not great) gameplay is wierd. I'll have to play around with it and see...

<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Once every couple years I say something funny. Don't you feel lucky?! :smile:

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
Wow I can't believe this thread is still alive. I figured very few people would be interested, and yes when I posted I thought the trailer was for the PC version (so fvcking KILL ME NOW).

I for one have never seen the game, but I'm a big nerdy sci-fi fan, so I figure I'll like it and I'm looking forward to it.

120% Klipsch Fanboy!!! :cool:

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Go get the Chrome demo at Fileplanet.

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
It's worth it to me for the convenience. I hate hunting around for files, drivers, patches, etc, and I had noticed Fileplanet almost always had what I was looking for, but you had to wait in line if you weren't a subscriber. So I bent over and passed 'em a few duckets.

Paying the money is the part that sucks. Everything else is really cool. :smile:

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Ok, I have to confess a little. I actually signed up on Fileshack so I could download that 557mb HL2 Preview Movie. It's ashame though because the quality isn't any better than my videos from my IGN Insider account. Oh well though.

I definately agree with you about not having to look around for files n such. Not to mention, like you probably, I never have to wait for downloads and I'm not restricted to 200kb. Although truthfully I only get around 220-230kb. Still pretty solid though.

I only paid $1.95 for the first month which I'm not sure if I'm gonna cancel yet.

Anyways, I downloaded the trailer and it actually doesn't impress me all that much. Nice water though.

dhlucke

Polypheme
HL2 doesn't impress you?!?!?!?!

Does the game have to give birth to impress you or what?

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
I think he was talking about Chrome. Maybe he was talking about HL2. I'm SOOO confused...

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Sorry about that. I was talking about Chrome.

My jaw LITERALY dropped while watching the HL2 E3 demo. This game is going to be the MAIN reason for my upgrade in September. [drool]

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah, Chrome looks fairly slick, but there's something...wierd about the graphics...like they were trying to use older art on a newer engine or vise-versa. It just looks cluttered and it feels like it isn't well coded. At 1024x768, I don't get comfortable framerates on my 9800 PRO. I've officially decided I don't like the gameplay. On the other hand, they give you a VERY limited array of weapons to use in the demo, and those weapons might make all the difference.

Imagine playing a game that sort of resembles Serious Sam but with an effort made at realism like Operation Flashpoint or something like that. I may be the wrong person to critique Chrome, because I like faster paced, more mindless-destruction types of games.

My pre-orgasmic state of bliss began when I saw the HL2 demo. I can see why it was named Best of E3 by numerous gaming sites...

Latest posts