odd occurance

G

I just built a new system...
After formating and putting the OS on (win 98 se), it goes thru the normal crap of dectecting plug and play devices.. But it doesn't recognize my video card and ask for drivers, though it does for everything else.

When I go into the device manager, it lists my video card (winfast geforce2 mx) as a PCI card (i tried this with an agp voodoo 3 3500, same thing happens).

Now, i get about 10 seconds once i enter windows before things lock up. Is there something I'm missing here that the OS can't recognize the AGP slot? I've combed bios and found nothing which could be conflicting...

Anyone have a similar probs with win 98 se?

-Mc

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Boot into safe mode, try ugrading the drivers from there. Also try any updated Motherboard drivers. If that doesnt help then try upgrading your Bios.
By the way what motherboard are you using?

G

I updated the latest nvidia drivers/manufacturer drivers, same thing happens..
I'm using an abit KA 7

G

ok, updated the bios.... still no dice
somethin is acting goofy here, still getting the annoying lockup shortly after getting into windows

btw, thanks for the help so far, it's MUCH appreciated. Will cut lawns for tech support btw:)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by McBain_ on 03/29/01 05:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>