Solved

Straight to Mass Effect 2?? or ME1 1st?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
December 22, 2010 1:07:42 PM

Hi guys..
I just finished Dragon Age and Witch hunt. So im planning to play Mass Effect next. I really like the romance and story of DAO and how the character created can continue the story to the next expansion. Now my question is, does Mass Effect 1 link to Mass Effect 2? or can I just play Mass Effect 2 directly without missing that much. And if the story continues in Mass Effect 2, can I import my character to it along with romance and decisions I made in the 1st part? Thanks again.. :bounce: 

More about : straight mass effect me1 1st

December 22, 2010 1:30:09 PM

mass effect 2 is a continuation of mass effect 1, but i suppose you could skip 1 all together. You might miss some background stuff, but that is pretty much it.

and yes, you can import your character from the first to the second
m
l
December 22, 2010 1:54:57 PM

jefe323 said:
mass effect 2 is a continuation of mass effect 1, but i suppose you could skip 1 all together. You might miss some background stuff, but that is pretty much it.

and yes, you can import your character from the first to the second

Oh ok..so if you import your character from 1, does it include the decisions that you made? Or do they have a set-up in ME2 that decisons that you made in 1 will affect 2? Sumthin like in DAO..
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

December 22, 2010 2:22:44 PM

Quote:
Mass Effect 2 allows the player to import their characters from any completed Mass Effect playthrough. This means that several decisions made by the player in Mass Effect will carry over, and have the potential to impact the story. Examples of events that particularly influence Mass Effect 2 include who was rescued on Virmire, the fate of the Council, and any romance interest.

However, due to changes made to the game's leveling system, your character's level and abilities will not transfer over to Mass Effect 2. The player will start out with basic abilities, however, the game will acknowledge your character's level and morality and adapt it in ways that map across to the new system[8].

If desired, the player will be able to choose a new appearance, or choose a new class.[9][10] Pre-service history and psychological profile cannot be changed. It does not seem possible to make minor changes to the previous appearance (e.g. change hairstyles). You must either take it exactly as it was before (though the visuals will be somewhat enhanced in the new game), or start from scratch with a new custom appearance. It should be noted that any facial scars from Mass Effect are not carried over; however, your character will receive brand-new scars at the beginning of Mass Effect 2.

here is a good article on the topic (i have quoted some general info above):

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Save_File_Transfer
December 22, 2010 3:09:22 PM

waspzz said:
Oh ok..so if you import your character from 1, does it include the decisions that you made? Or do they have a set-up in ME2 that decisons that you made in 1 will affect 2? Sumthin like in DAO..

Yes, partly, but especially the decision at the end of Me 1-
Personally, i had mass effect 2 first, so played it, then i played mass effect 1, but prefer Me 2,..
But, the start history is in ME1, if you can start with Me 1.
m
l
December 22, 2010 3:54:33 PM

Allright!..I think were good. Ill be playing Mass Effect 1 then before 2..Thanks for the feedback guys..
m
l
December 22, 2010 3:54:58 PM

Best answer selected by waspzz.
m
l
!