StarCraft II: Ghosts of the Past Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Very good for a movie. This trailer can be perfectly of a newcome movie (maybe future)...

wrazor

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
I second that. The music score and voice acting are just top notch(i feel voice acting is rarely done right in games). So, blizzard do seem to get it right. Hell, I would trust blizzard to make a movie on SC rather than Pixar. Ok, that was not entirely a truth, but I think either would do a good job. And we might finally get to see a truly game to movie adaptation done right.

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
I must be the only person on Earth not excited for this game. Blizzard's unusually high price and lack of any plans for a demo are real deal breakers for me right now.
That is a pretty cool trailer though.

warfart1

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]halls[/nom]I must be the only person on Earth not excited for this game. Blizzard's unusually high price and lack of any plans for a demo are real deal breakers for me right now.[/citation]

Blizzards marketing has never really included game demos (with the exception of WoW), as for the price, $60 is standard nowadays.

G

Yeah, give us two years or so and Ill buy it in the bargain section, have had look at game videos and screen shots, plus read reviews like guru3d, and cant say I am that impressed, just looks like all other RTS we have become accustomed to!

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]halls[/nom]I must be the only person on Earth not excited for this game. Blizzard's unusually high price and lack of any plans for a demo are real deal breakers for me right now.[/citation]

I'm right behind you, don't worry. I personally will not be spending $63.59 for this. It's a good game no doubt, but with pre-orders blowing out at $45 etc I wouldn't be surprised to see sales months after release. Or maybe I could just wait for the "ULTIMATE TRILOGY COLLECTION PACK" or some other thing like that.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
The only reason I pre-ordered on Best Buy's site was due to getting two $25 gift cards that I'll never use there. I figure it's probably worth it for $13.00.

But $64.00 w/tax is outrageous. I remember when you could get a good PC game for $14.99.

hihiman1

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]Yeah, give us two years or so and Ill buy it in the bargain section, have had look at game videos and screen shots, plus read reviews like guru3d, and cant say I am that impressed, just looks like all other RTS we have become accustomed to![/citation]
You are just mad that you don't have the game. Any person that actually plays RTS would know that Starcraft is unlike any other RTS out there. You are probably just some stupid casual that is just trying to to hate the game.

You too must be an idiot, all games on release now are $60, MW2 still is. Plus it is a Blizzard game meaning the time you'll spend playing this will certainly justify the money spent on it. You will pretty much be paying $.20 for every hour of entertainment you get from this game, much better then other games at half the price. People have been playing BW for 12 years now. What do you need a demo for? Blizzard's games are always amazing, especially since there were so many amazing reviews. PLUS there was the Beta! Millions of people played it and loved it. There is something for everyone, if you find the game hard, which is the only reason you won't like it, you can play some of the amazing custom games. So if you don't consider the beta a demo, or don't trust the opinions of the people that play it, or the amount of sponsors (RAZER, Samsung in KOREA, and a bunch of other well known companies) Then you are an idiot, as I don't see how anyone with this knowledge can dissapprove this game.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]Impressive, but I'm more looking forward for Warcraft 4 RTS. Don't screw this one up Blizzard.[/citation]
Same with me, I never got into StarCraft, but I still play WarCraft 3 now, I can't wait for WC4!

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
[citation][nom]hihiman1[/nom]You too must be an idiot, all games on release now are $60, MW2 still is. Plus it is a Blizzard game meaning the time you'll spend playing this will certainly justify the money spent on it. You will pretty much be paying $.20 for every hour of entertainment you get from this game, much better then other games at half the price. People have been playing BW for 12 years now. What do you need a demo for? Blizzard's games are always amazing, especially since there were so many amazing reviews. PLUS there was the Beta! Millions of people played it and loved it. There is something for everyone, if you find the game hard, which is the only reason you won't like it, you can play some of the amazing custom games. So if you don't consider the beta a demo, or don't trust the opinions of the people that play it, or the amount of sponsors (RAZER, Samsung in KOREA, and a bunch of other well known companies) Then you are an idiot, as I don't see how anyone with this knowledge can dissapprove this game.[/citation]
So, according to you, MW2 is a perfectly justifiable reason to drop $60 on any game that shares that price, if I buy the game it will be worth $0.20 per hour to me no matter how much I play it, that value will be greater than games like Alien Swarm that were completely free, and the amount of companies sponsoring the game, who are clearly in it for their love of gaming and not the money, should be enough to convince me to buy it? Also, a demo shouldn't be necessary because millions of people who also played SC are going to buy this too highly recommend it?
And I'm an idiot? Really?

sirmorluk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]warfart1[/nom]Blizzards marketing has never really included game demos (with the exception of WoW), as for the price, $60 is standard nowadays.[/citation] Actually Blizzard did demo Diablo I.

I would love to see a Starcraft Movie. I will wait to buy the game though until it drops in price to around $30. The RTS genre has never really done it for me. I have tried many of them and own several but I prefer simulations, Real Time Tactical and turn based tactical/strategic games. I really enjoy real world physics and damage models as well as tactical/strategic games such as the Total War series, Hearts of Iron, Close Combat, Battleground Europe. I guess old Grognard habits never die.
However if I feel like some beer and pretzels action I will pick an RTS to pass the time.

Why do you guys ask for a Movie when the game is a movie you can actually PLAY?

I mean, look at the cinematics! The story is appealing as it stands in the gameplay + cinematics, but it's FAR better than a movie. Way, way far better IMO.

If they decide on making one anyway, I'll be first in line to get into the cinema, that's a given XD!

Cheers!

trandoanhung1991

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
You know, you would've thought that the trailer's about some brand new super cool FPS game!!! And hell, I'd love to play an FPS based on this:D. Ya hear me Blizzard??

tonyn84

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]Why do you guys ask for a Movie when the game is a movie you can actually PLAY?[/citation]
gotta have something to throw up on the second monitor while I'm playing the game :p

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
i'm going to slap those people on the face HARD if they think it's expensive and going to pirate this game. If it's exp, wait for it to go on sale or sth. If cant wait, buy the dmn game

Status
Not open for further replies.