Sign in with
Your question
Closed

MAFIA 2 vs. Grand Theft Auto

Last response: in Video Games
December 22, 2010 4:18:24 PM

So unlike many others, I first played and enjoyed MAFIA II, and then started Grand Theft Auto 4 and was an instant turn-off for me. Why? I personally found the auto-centering car driving and player movements more refined, graphics more realistic, and voice acting more natural and mature. But I read then reviews on IGN.com and they have praised GTA series a lot.

Should I just keep at it for a little longer to start enjoying GTA?

More about : mafia grand theft auto

December 22, 2010 6:01:44 PM

GTA 4 is very nice- only bad thing about it is its configuration/coding-
Eats up all resources available and asks for more-
Personally, also having played both of them , I think gta 4 is MUCH better than mafia 2. So many things to do, car mods, mods.. Missions also are nice, graphics, game engine ..
Score
December 22, 2010 6:11:59 PM

At least on my computer, GTA plays very smooth indeed. I found the very first drive home from the dock itself very annoying to control as the screen would never auto-center itself for me, having spoiled by MAFIA II. :) 

Thanks. I will hang in a little longer.
Score
Related resources
December 22, 2010 6:14:28 PM

Gta 4 runs well for me too, some ppl really dislike its resource usage, doesnt run properly..
yes, hang on, its worth it. Also , for better performance dwl and install patch 1.0.7.0 .
Score
December 22, 2010 6:27:12 PM

GTA IV is ok. Theres so much freedom in the game compared to Mafia 2 that somewhat follows a linear path. If you remove the story from both games, GTAIV is still a game unlike Mafia 2. Im not saying that Mafia 2 is no good. its a very good game infact but its good because of the combined elements of narrative, athmosphere, story, character etc..
If your not liking GTA IV, I suggest that you try the expansion The Ballad of Gay Tony. I honesty enjoyed it better than the original..
Score
December 23, 2010 1:01:16 AM

i like mafia 2 better for its story, but GTA4 has a nice free roam.
Score
December 23, 2010 5:41:50 AM

GTA IV is pretty good. It takes a li'l while getting hooked onto but once you do, you'd be rarely wanting to stop! I played Mafia II for a while after having finished GTA IV and wasn't much impressed by it. I'm sure the storyline is much better than GTA IV but I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay of GTA IV.

The latest patch eally helped kick out most of the glitches. I can play it without any issues now. I'd suggest you play it for a couple of hours at a go if possible.
Score

Best solution

December 23, 2010 8:57:29 AM

Here is what I think...

Mafia 2 ----

Better story line then GTA IV
Easy on resources so good play
Better PhysX then GTA IV

GTA IV ---

Best SANDBOX game ever.
On a nice RIG, the graphics are extremely cool, but only on a nice RIG.
Apart from the main story, lots of side missions, so you can get into the character more deeply.
Better legacy then Mafia - IV.
Once played GTA IV you will not feel like playing MAFIA, so play MAFIA first.
December 23, 2010 4:21:47 PM

All great answers. Since whatever you do to have fun in the town I live results into spending a lot of money and/or putting on pounds, so I guess I now know how I am going to spend my holidays :) )
Score
December 23, 2010 4:21:57 PM

Best answer selected by pinaklonkar.
Score
December 23, 2010 7:13:38 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!