KT7 boots - but never gets past memory check

G

Hi all,

Just purchased this board and an AMD Duron 700 - plugged everything in and I run into this damn problem...

Everything goes smoothly until POST - after it checks the memory and gives the "OK" - it freezes. I can't get into BIOS, it doesn't start recognizing my Hard Drives or Floppy, it just sits there.

I've got a Gigabyte TNT2Pro in there, 1 256mb chip of PC133 RAM, Linksys Ethernet adapter, and an SBLive!...I've got 3 Harddrives, a CD-R and a floppy otherwise.

Any help? Thanks!

G

I would start by removing the sound card and all but one of your HDD's. Try removing the memory and re-seating it.

G

Try clearing your CMOS with the jumper on the mainboard and maybe you overlooked another jumpersetting which conflicts with your hardware.....(AGP 4x?)

And I agree that you should take out a much as hardware (extra HDD's, Sound and network) as possible so you can isolate the problem....

If this all fails: try other memory dimm and/or another videocard (PCI maybe?) Just borrow something that fits from a friend ;) If this fails too, deinstall the mobo from the case and try to boot it outside of the case, it might shortcircuit somewhere right now.

Good luck

Me.