Qacer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
computer specs:

Epox motherboard. 64mb sdram. 4gig hd. 1 cd writer. 1 regular cd drive. baby AT mobo. win me. stb velocity 128 video card. sound blaster awe 64 isa. linksys nic.

problem:

I left my computer running while watching TV. I came back to find out the power lights blinking. I thought Win's power management kicked in, which was odd 'cause I disabled it. I turned off the computer and waited 10 seconds. I turned it back on. Nothing. I got the same problem. The power lights were blinking. Everything was humming. Power was still being distributed to the devices. I get a "No Signal" message on the monitor.

failed solution:

I tried stripping down the devices and putting them back on one by one. I didn't find the culprit. "No Signal" is still on the monitor. I tried switching the motherboard to another case. It did not work.

I need advice.. Before I go out and buy something new, are there any other solutions that you can suggest? I haven't tried using another video card, but I think the video card is not the problem, since the mobo is suppose to beep if a video card is not installed.

--sign here--
"I used Thevenin to simplify my motherboard's circuits."
--by me--

Qacer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
After I turned it on for the first time, I checked to see if the fan was spinning. It was! However, when I turned it off and on the second time, the fan was dead. I have contacted a friend of mine and asked him to bring in his computer. I'm going to try out each part and see the results. Thanks for the replies! :)

--sign here--
"I used Thevenin to simplify my motherboard's circuits."
--by me--