Microsoft Still Making More $$$ Than Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Respect!!! W00t Windows 7 is awesome, something that MS shoulda done in the first place for Vista. What I dont like is the fact that those who purchased vista got no upgrade or special deal for 7 :( I hate vista, slow and laggy n stuff. If MS offers me a nice cheap upgrade from vista to 7 ill take it. And I bought Vista like 8/9 months before 7's release

atdhe

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Win 7 has really saved MS here, otherwise Apple would have easily overtaken MS, but that become reality in the near future considering how things are going with Apple... their fan base is just crazy...

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Both tech companies are pioneers in this business, and so I am glad to see both of them do well.

I am also glad to see Apple catch up a little bit, not because I like Apple products, but because both companies will push harder to create better products when they feel threatened by one another. Which in the end can only be better for the consumer.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]We will see what apples next quarter is like when they have to factor in 3million cases that they have to give away.[/citation]

I'm sure the profit on each iPhone 4 is more than the 10 cents it costs to make a rubber case.

Vestin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
"Microsoft is still making more money than Apple."
Well, duh... For the same reasons that soccer is more popular than football.

gaevs

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Strider-Hiryu_79[/nom]Jane that pic should be used in the next TH's "Insert Caption Here" contest. Whatever happened to that Jane/TH Staff?[/citation]

Yeah, what happened to that?, it was really funny...

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]It's time governments begin to use freeware. Unbutu, Open Office, Gimp and some other programs. A workstation has no real benefit of using microsoft product over a Linux platform.[/citation]

Really, no real benefit of using Windows in an environment with AD, Exchange, Sharepoint, OCS, SCCM, etc. etc.? Yes, our government should hire a ton of developers to develop a version of Linux that acts just like Windows in a Windows environment...or just use Windows...which is what they should and will do.

There's definitely a place for Linux, but it's not in replacing desktops in an environment like that.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
Ya know... this is kinda reassuring. Seriously... like picking the lesser of two evils. MS is far less evil what with Gates and Allan throwing cash to charities like the shit grows wild.

And did I just see someone running with rampant misspellings and bad grammar call Jane an idiot? Nah... really?

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]Shloader[/nom]Ya know... this is kinda reassuring. Seriously... like picking the lesser of two evils. MS is far less evil what with Gates and Allan throwing cash to charities like the shit grows wild.And did I just see someone running with rampant misspellings and bad grammar call Jane an idiot? Nah... really?[/citation]

Gates has virtually nothing to do with MS anymore, and how that charity would have anything to do with making one company less evil than the other is beyond me. Both companies are not humans, they don't have emotions. They have directives and agendas and goals. Depending on your stance either could be evil and either could be good. Apple's agenda is to think of the user environment first, to turn a blind eye to what everyone else is doing and carve their own path. Microsoft's agenda is to provide software that is more or less utilitarian and generic so that it fits in many environments. Being creative is not one of their high points. Apple does hardware, Microsoft does very little. Microsoft is trying hard to capture some of what Apple is peddling, because, it genuinely is good stuff. When you've got 10s of thousands of Microsoft employees touting iPhones and iPods, it should tell you something.

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]mrmez[/nom]So they are still ~ 10x bigger in computers.Why is this news?[/citation]

Isn't that exactly why it's news?

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]dEAne[/nom]Apple is not intended for casual users, I think.[/citation]
I disagree. The layout is according to apple to be simple enough to be used by anyone, including the Casual user. although the products are expensive, i would say Casual users are included in their target market.

Status
Not open for further replies.