Problems after standby (A7V)

G

On a fresh boot, everything seems to work fine and I'm happy with the system. But, I'm having all kinds of problems after resuming from standby mode in WinME. There's no zip drive access, game controller access is messed up. Anybody else experiences these problems? Any solutions?

System:
A7V
800 MHz T-bird (Global Win FMP-008 cooler)
256MB Mem
40 GB Maxtor ATA100 (works great!)
ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 32DDR
SBLive Value
Interact FB Racing Wheel connected to sound card
Logitech FB joystick connected to USB

No overclocking, running stable @ 52 C (low load) Asus probe temp.

G

Disable standby mode...

256 chickens that can say "bok" simultaneously while laying eggs asynchronously in 64-bit glory.

G

Standby is half the reason I got a new computer! I'm in California trying my best to save endangered electrons (we're all a bunch of whacked out environmentalists here after all!). I forgot to mention, I'm using bios 1004d. I upgraded all drivers, etc. last month.

G

Is there any way you can just turn off the monitor? None of the computers that I use really like the standby mode (or sleep). Especially if I am using VB6 and some other programs. This has happened using Intel chips and Mobos and most recently using my AMD/ASUS. Since I really dislike having to restart my computer in the middle of something then usually I will just shut down the monitor.
--my two pennies worth. Good luck!

256 chickens that can say "bok" simultaneously while laying eggs asynchronously in 64-bit glory.

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had this problem but it was due to the NVidia drivers for my video card.
It may be worth a look to see if your Radeon has newer drivers out that might address the problem.

G

OK, I upgraded to 1005A. Now the system refuses to enter standby because the "Conexant PCI modem enumerator" doesn't support it. I haven't yet tried removing the modem to see if that fixes it. I also tried upgrading the VIA 4-in-1, but the installation crashes the machine right before it finishes. What's next...

G

OK, now that the Raiders spanked the Blowfish, I yanked the modem card. It now goes into standby, but after resuming, still can't access the zip drive, USB problems, etc. The documentation with the latest VIA 4-in-1 indicates it fixes hibernation problems. Too bad I can't get it to install properly...

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try going to 1005B. It just came out. I put it on but I don't see any benefits. But then again, I never had any problems with the 1004 versions.