Anyone with a Gigabyte GA7ZX with USB working???

G

Again, does anyone own a Gigabyte GA7ZX motherboard, and have the USB working? Since I bought my motherboard, about 2 months ago, the USB has been flaky right from the beginning, and it's pissing me off! The VIA USB part installed right away, no problems there, BUT when it comes to actually using USB gear, nada. I've tried Microsoft's very own Sidewinder steering wheel, nothing...I've tried my Logitec Wingman, nothing. Nothing loads. I bought a USB hub, plugged it in, nothing. I plugged the Sidewinder into the hub, Microsoft Sidewinder ver 1.0 loaded, and the hub all at the same time. Yeah! THEN, 2 days later, no steering wheel. I've looked for updates on the Gigabyte website, nothing. Looked on the cd that came with the moboard, there's a "filter driver", tried that, nothing.
I've emailed Gigabyte asking them what the hell is going on, no reply (of course, it would take a miracle to get a reply from a manufacturer!)

Any suggestions?

G

I am not trying to insult your intelligance but do you plug you usb devices in after your computer is running? And are you sure that USB is turned on in the bios...I have two giga-byte boards and way too many usb devices and all work great.

pill128

Take your Pill, and get some sleep.

G

Hey Pill, thanks for the reply. To answer your questions, YES, I did make sure right after I built my computer, that the USB in the BIOS was enabled. Just for the hell of it, I went and looked again, to make sure nothing was changed, and it was enabled. As for the second question, YES I do plug things in when the computer is running, since that is one of the main features of USB, is that things are "hot-swapable". It's been a really weird situation with this USB, it's driving me nuts! So I have a pile of USB gear lying in my computer room closet, and nothing to plug them in to!! damnit!

MechCommander.

PS, which Gigabyte motherboards do you have?

G

Did you ever get your problem resolved? I'm having the exact same problem? It's driving me nuts.

TRENDING THREADS