Why is steam here

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderandawe

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
hello i am having trouble with steam because they wont download empire total war and i just bought it it just sits there and the downloads section of steam just says pause all the time i try to unpause it and it does nothing

Solution
Close firefox. Sometimes I have to control alt delete and look in the applications there, if it does not show up, look in the processes tab and close firefox.exe. Sometimes firefox does hang on me too.

thunderandawe

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
i dont think its even installed on my comp when i insert the CD it just says preparing files to be downloaded and that gets done then it says installing system components and then it exit's out and does nothing and the update on steam afterward is like 16,000 mb. and when i go to my control panel it says empire total war is only 367 mb big

radium69

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2007
Steam is here because of the existence of H20 molecules,

Steam is either mist (as seen from a kettle), or the gas phase of water (water vapor).

In common speech, steam most often refers to the visible white mist that condenses above boiling water as the hot vapor mixes with the cooler air. This mist consists of tiny droplets of liquid water. Pure steam emerges at the base of the spout of a steaming kettle where there is no visible vapor.

Pure steam is a transparent gas. At standard temperature and pressure, pure steam (unmixed with air, but in equilibrium with liquid water) occupies about 1,600 times the volume of an equal mass of liquid water. In the atmosphere, the partial pressure of water is much lower than 1 atm, therefore gaseous water can exist at temperatures much lower than 100 °C (212 °F) (see water vapor and humidity).

Sarcasm, right?

thunderandawe

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
i put the disk in and it says something about steam doing something with the files it verifies them and then it says 100 % done and it does nothing and then a BIG @## download from steam which is about 16 Gigs comes up on the steam site and it takes 12 hours to download. im not waiting that long. now before i put a hole in someones head i need to know how to get this running

jefe323

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

wait for the 16gb download to finish. that download is the actual game so you're going to need it...

thunderandawe

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
i now cant back on because i used an email account that has been deleted and i couldn't help it i want to know there email address and how can i get empire total war with out using steam GOD I HATE IT.

thunderandawe

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I GOT AAWARARARA !!!!!!! after a year of buying them it finally went but i got another problem my firefox process is still running when i close it i got into control panel and it is like 60 to 70 percent of my cpu usage so.... what does that mean

BobVosh

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010

Keep digging, Watson.

Deleting and restarting the DL sometimes helps. If this is the only steam game you have, I would also recommend deleting and reinstalling steam. If it isn't...well it is still sometimes good to do. However it can take forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.