Can't kill the Boss

I tried using the soul cube 12 to 15 times, but the stupid boss won't die?
What gives?

Thanks

"Monty Burns" <podunk@not.com> wrote in message
>I tried using the soul cube 12 to 15 times, but the stupid boss won't die?
>What gives?
>

> Thanks

Which one are you talking about? That would help us give you some info.

--
Advanced Primate
XP Pro 64 Bit O/S

Grunt

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004

On Sun, 29 May 2005 01:28:55 GMT, "Advanced Primate" <primate@primate.com>
wrote:
in alt.games.doom
>"Monty Burns" <podunk@not.com> wrote in message
>>I tried using the soul cube 12 to 15 times, but the stupid boss won't die?
>>What gives?
>>

>> Thanks
>
>Which one are you talking about? That would help us give you some info.

How many doom games had a soul cube ?

On Sun, 29 May 2005 11:42:26 +0200, Grunt wrote:

>>>I tried using the soul cube 12 to 15 times, but the stupid boss won't die?

>>Which one are you talking about? That would help us give you some info.

> How many doom games had a soul cube ?

He's asking about "which stupid boss", you ignoramus.

You shouldn't have skipped your 5th grade English classes.

Linux Registered User #327951

jav

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2004

I think its the one where its on a doughnut shaped piece of land that is
floating. If it knocks you of in the center you fall into a tunnel. If
it knocks you of the outside edge you fall into lava. I've had the same
problem. My guess is you have to knock the boss of the edge, hav'nt
figured out how to yet.

Grunt

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004

On Sun, 29 May 2005 10:19:58 -0500, Dan C <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> wrote:
in alt.games.doom

>>>Which one are you talking about? That would help us give you some info.
>
>> How many doom games had a soul cube ?
>
>He's asking about "which stupid boss", you ignoramus.

Yes, a very stupid question. And if you have played doom as long as me, you
would know that there is an end boss in every one of them.

>You shouldn't have skipped your 5th grade English classes.

A 1th grader know which boss it is that will not die, as the other ones die at
once you tickle them a bit. You even do not have to use the soul cube.

But as the idiot infant you are, you do not know that.

pop

when you say "12 to 15 times" do you mean restarting the level each time? -
you need to hit the boss with the soul cube and kill other monsters to
recharge it and fire it at the boss again (I think it takes about 5 kills to
recharge)

--
pop is Mark
Doing nothing makes me tired 'cause I can't take a break.

"JAV" <jv@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
> I think its the one where its on a doughnut shaped piece of land that
> is floating. If it knocks you of in the center you fall into a
> tunnel. If it knocks you of the outside edge you fall into lava. I've
> had the same problem. My guess is you have to knock the boss of the
> edge, hav'nt figured out how to yet.

This is the Boss that has the "headlight" satellite buggers. While
they are out and about, that Boss is invulnerable. You kill those few
lights, then hit him with the soulcube (and a couple BFG's) and he takes
damage. Rinse/repeat 3 or 4 times and it's all over. This one is an
especially tough sequence on Nightmare :)
I did manage it on Veteran tho :\
McG.

What??
You dont get the soulcube "until" you kill this boss

> "JAV" <jv@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>> I think its the one where its on a doughnut shaped piece of land that
>> is floating. If it knocks you of in the center you fall into a
>> tunnel. If it knocks you of the outside edge you fall into lava. I've
>> had the same problem. My guess is you have to knock the boss of the
>> edge, hav'nt figured out how to yet.
>
> This is the Boss that has the "headlight" satellite buggers. While they
> are out and about, that Boss is invulnerable. You kill those few lights,
> then hit him with the soulcube (and a couple BFG's) and he takes damage.
> Rinse/repeat 3 or 4 times and it's all over. This one is an especially
> tough sequence on Nightmare :)
> I did manage it on Veteran tho :\
> McG.

graeme

On Mon, 30 May 2005 22:10:20 +0100, David Chalk wrote:

> What??
> You dont get the soulcube "until" you kill this boss

>> "JAV" <jv@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>>> I think its the one where its on a doughnut shaped piece of land that
>>> is floating. If it knocks you of in the center you fall into a
>>> tunnel. If it knocks you of the outside edge you fall into lava. I've
>>> had the same problem. My guess is you have to knock the boss of the
>>> edge, hav'nt figured out how to yet.
>>
>> This is the Boss that has the "headlight" satellite buggers. While they
>> are out and about, that Boss is invulnerable. You kill those few lights,
>> then hit him with the soulcube (and a couple BFG's) and he takes damage.
>> Rinse/repeat 3 or 4 times and it's all over. This one is an especially
>> tough sequence on Nightmare :)
>> I did manage it on Veteran tho :\
>> McG.

On nightmare difficulty you get the soul cube from the start. Not that
I'm that good.

"David Chalk" <dave@davidchalk.me.uk> wrote in message
> What??
> You dont get the soulcube "until" you kill this boss
yer right.
Nightmare. Have Soulcube.
veteran, use everything else. I used BFG and RL in veteran.

"Graeme" <www.rillion.net@no.spam.wanted> wrote in message
> On Mon, 30 May 2005 22:10:20 +0100, David Chalk wrote:
>
>> What??
>> You dont get the soulcube "until" you kill this boss
>>
>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "JAV" <jv@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> This is the Boss that has the "headlight" satellite buggers.
>>> While they are out and about, that Boss is invulnerable. You kill
>>> those few lights, then hit him with the soulcube (and a couple
>>> BFG's) and he takes damage. Rinse/repeat 3 or 4 times and it's all
>>> over. This one is an especially tough sequence on Nightmare :)
>>> I did manage it on Veteran tho :\
>>> McG.
>>>

> On nightmare difficulty you get the soul cube from the start. Not that
> I'm that good.

That one at the end there, he's tougher on veteran to me than Nightmare.
There are more nasties popping up all around on nightmare though.