Sign in with
Your question

Laptop & Wow @ High/Ultra

Last response: in Video Games
December 26, 2010 5:48:54 PM

I got a Toshiba Satellite L355 for Christmas last year. Been playing Wow on it since then, and I'm finally fed up with it. I can't handle it anymore. I'm using the lowest possible settings, and in a deserted area I'm getting 7-13 FPS. Dungeons I'm more on the low end of that spectrum; get 10 people on the screen and I'm down to 3, and any more than that and I'm running at 1.

This is very unenjoyable. I either need a new computer or upgrade this one. Not sure which is better, or even what might need upgrading. Could really use some help on this one guys.

Here is a potential computer someone mentioned: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks in advance!

More about : laptop wow high ultra

December 26, 2010 6:22:22 PM

Definitely just get a new laptop, whats your budget?
m
l
December 26, 2010 6:54:14 PM

Yes, the G72 runs WoW flawlessly on ultra. I have the same laptop & I play on ultra (a solid 45FPS). Turn shadows back a notch & it will run at a solid 60FPS. You will without a doubt enjoy playing WoW on that computer. I get no lag or stutter at all. It includes overclocking software that will allow you to run the CPU at 2.88GHZ. If you download NVideas latest utility you can overclock the video card to 550/950/1375 safely as well. Depending on where you are in game, if you disable VSync you could see frame rates go as high as 120FPS (I recommend leaving VSync enabled though because the screens refresh rate is 60HZ, so higher frame rates aren't needed).
m
l
December 27, 2010 12:58:21 AM

600-800 seems appropriate.
m
l
!