Sign in with
Your question

What games would stress a 6970? How to check if DX11 is on?

Last response: in Video Games
December 27, 2010 2:35:47 PM

I just upgraded to a 6970, and I wanted to put it to good use. The games I have are Crysis Warhead, GTA IV, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat, and Battlefield Bad Company 2. I can play all of them maxed out at 1920x1200. I want to by another game or two that would make good use of this new card. What other good games would really stress the card?

On a side note, is there anyway to check if Pripyat or BFBC2 are actually running in DX11 mode? I installed the games while I had my old video card in and there are no settings in the game about DX version.
December 27, 2010 4:40:49 PM

In Pripyat you go to the settings menu and their should be a drop down bar that says static lighting and dynamic lighting, etc. for BC2 i have no clue. and Metro 2033 might stress your Card and its a good game (plus its Dx11)
m
l
December 27, 2010 5:10:08 PM

www.thehunter.com

What I consider to be a good game but maybe not for you, however, it is free to play and my 4870x2 will struggle with everything set to max. Shadows kill performance.

You never know, you might get hooked and get a subscription.
m
l
Related resources
December 27, 2010 9:24:40 PM

Thanks for letting me know about Pripyat. I think I found how to change BC2 in the config file. I still don't anyway to confirm it.

I almost bought Metro 2033 before, so I may get it now with my new card. I remember reading good things about it, but I also read that it involved a lot of wandering around. I'm already having a hard time getting into Pripyat since there is so much wandering involved, so I don't know. I liked the sound of Civilization V, but I don't know if it will stress the card. I'll try the Hunter game suggested.
m
l
December 27, 2010 10:08:43 PM

Civ 5 shouldnt stress ur card. and Metro 2033 is alot more linear compared to Pripyat. all the other STALKER games are wide open games so yea. oh yea Dirt 2 is a Dx11 game aswell if you like racing
m
l
!