Classic for Doom 3

I played the Classic Doom with the new engine, and WOW!! Doom 1 with new
engine is better than Doom 3.

Worth checking out http://cdoom.d3files.com/index.php?page=news

I would buy it the whole thing was on the shelf!!

Jim
6 answers Last reply
More about classic doom
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Jim wasted my time on 5/30/2005 2:45 PM with the following:
    > I played the Classic Doom with the new engine, and WOW!! Doom 1 with new
    > engine is better than Doom 3.
    >
    > Worth checking out http://cdoom.d3files.com/index.php?page=news
    >
    > I would buy it the whole thing was on the shelf!!
    >
    > Jim

    Thanks for the kind words. I'm part of the CDoom team actually.

    If you haven't seen it, I recommend watching the trailer our mapper
    Blaster put together a little while ago. It contains some shots of the
    new maps in the next release, and even the theme for the mod.

    Our next release is coming up real soon, and I promise you that you
    won't be disappointed :)

    --
    -SnoopJeDi
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    "SnoopJeDi" <snoopjediHOLDTHESPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Jim wasted my time on 5/30/2005 2:45 PM with the following:
    >> I played the Classic Doom with the new engine, and WOW!! Doom 1 with
    >> new engine is better than Doom 3.
    >>
    >> Worth checking out http://cdoom.d3files.com/index.php?page=news
    >>
    >> I would buy it the whole thing was on the shelf!!
    >>
    >> Jim
    >
    > Thanks for the kind words. I'm part of the CDoom team actually.
    >
    > If you haven't seen it, I recommend watching the trailer our mapper
    > Blaster put together a little while ago. It contains some shots of
    > the new maps in the next release, and even the theme for the mod.
    >
    > Our next release is coming up real soon, and I promise you that you
    > won't be disappointed :)

    I'd rather buy the whole game! Are you folks planning a retail release
    or is that not allowed? Just make sure we can disable PB, ok?
    McG.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    McGrandpa wasted my time on 5/30/2005 4:44 PM with the following:

    > I'd rather buy the whole game! Are you folks planning a retail release
    > or is that not allowed? Just make sure we can disable PB, ok?
    > McG.

    We're only doing Episode 1 for several reasons. One of which is that
    we're all quite bored working on un-original content. We want to move
    on to a fresh unique project once we're done with the shareware part of
    Doom. As far as disabling PB, you can do that by default in Doom 3, so
    it's 0% work for us.

    --
    -SnoopJeDi
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    SnoopJeDi wrote on 5/30/2005 5:13 PM:
    > McGrandpa wasted my time on 5/30/2005 4:44 PM with the following:
    >

    >> I'd rather buy the whole game! Are you folks planning a retail
    >> release or is that not allowed? Just make sure we can disable PB, ok?
    >> McG.
    >>

    > We're only doing Episode 1 for several reasons. One of which is that
    > we're all quite bored working on un-original content. We want to move
    > on to a fresh unique project once we're done with the shareware part of
    > Doom. As far as disabling PB, you can do that by default in Doom 3, so
    > it's 0% work for us.

    Too bad you guys cant go back to id and get an agreement to create a
    retail version. Sure you wouldnt be doing something you love, but at
    least make money being an outsourced development team for a retail
    destined product.

    I think classic doom with the new D3 engine is more fun than D3. Just
    goes to show how good of a game classic really was.

    Jim
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    > McGrandpa wasted my time on 5/30/2005 4:44 PM with the following:
    >>

    >> I'd rather buy the whole game! Are you folks planning a retail
    >> release or is that not allowed? Just make sure we can disable PB,
    >> ok? McG.
    >>

    > We're only doing Episode 1 for several reasons. One of which is that
    > we're all quite bored working on un-original content. We want to move
    > on to a fresh unique project once we're done with the shareware part
    > of Doom. As far as disabling PB, you can do that by default in Doom
    > 3, so it's 0% work for us.

    Ok., cool. Any idea what you'll work on next?
    McG.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    McGrandpa wasted my time on 5/31/2005 8:52 PM with the following:

    > Ok., cool. Any idea what you'll work on next?
    > McG.

    The devs have been tossing some ideas around, but nothing too serious.

    --
    -SnoopJeDi

Engine World Of Warcraft Classic Video Games