Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Classic for Doom 3

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 30, 2005 6:45:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

I played the Classic Doom with the new engine, and WOW!! Doom 1 with new
engine is better than Doom 3.

Worth checking out http://cdoom.d3files.com/index.php?page=news

I would buy it the whole thing was on the shelf!!

Jim

More about : classic doom

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 30, 2005 8:07:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

Jim wasted my time on 5/30/2005 2:45 PM with the following:
> I played the Classic Doom with the new engine, and WOW!! Doom 1 with new
> engine is better than Doom 3.
>
> Worth checking out http://cdoom.d3files.com/index.php?page=news
>
> I would buy it the whole thing was on the shelf!!
>
> Jim

Thanks for the kind words. I'm part of the CDoom team actually.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend watching the trailer our mapper
Blaster put together a little while ago. It contains some shots of the
new maps in the next release, and even the theme for the mod.

Our next release is coming up real soon, and I promise you that you
won't be disappointed :) 

--
-SnoopJeDi
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 31, 2005 12:44:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

"SnoopJeDi" <snoopjediHOLDTHESPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:yYWdnePRfcrs7wbfRVn-3g@comcast.com
> Jim wasted my time on 5/30/2005 2:45 PM with the following:
>> I played the Classic Doom with the new engine, and WOW!! Doom 1 with
>> new engine is better than Doom 3.
>>
>> Worth checking out http://cdoom.d3files.com/index.php?page=news
>>
>> I would buy it the whole thing was on the shelf!!
>>
>> Jim
>
> Thanks for the kind words. I'm part of the CDoom team actually.
>
> If you haven't seen it, I recommend watching the trailer our mapper
> Blaster put together a little while ago. It contains some shots of
> the new maps in the next release, and even the theme for the mod.
>
> Our next release is coming up real soon, and I promise you that you
> won't be disappointed :) 

I'd rather buy the whole game! Are you folks planning a retail release
or is that not allowed? Just make sure we can disable PB, ok?
McG.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 31, 2005 12:44:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

McGrandpa wasted my time on 5/30/2005 4:44 PM with the following:
>
>
> I'd rather buy the whole game! Are you folks planning a retail release
> or is that not allowed? Just make sure we can disable PB, ok?
> McG.
>
>

We're only doing Episode 1 for several reasons. One of which is that
we're all quite bored working on un-original content. We want to move
on to a fresh unique project once we're done with the shareware part of
Doom. As far as disabling PB, you can do that by default in Doom 3, so
it's 0% work for us.


--
-SnoopJeDi
May 31, 2005 3:43:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

SnoopJeDi wrote on 5/30/2005 5:13 PM:
> McGrandpa wasted my time on 5/30/2005 4:44 PM with the following:
>
>>
>>
>> I'd rather buy the whole game! Are you folks planning a retail
>> release or is that not allowed? Just make sure we can disable PB, ok?
>> McG.
>>
>
> We're only doing Episode 1 for several reasons. One of which is that
> we're all quite bored working on un-original content. We want to move
> on to a fresh unique project once we're done with the shareware part of
> Doom. As far as disabling PB, you can do that by default in Doom 3, so
> it's 0% work for us.
>
>
Too bad you guys cant go back to id and get an agreement to create a
retail version. Sure you wouldnt be doing something you love, but at
least make money being an outsourced development team for a retail
destined product.

I think classic doom with the new D3 engine is more fun than D3. Just
goes to show how good of a game classic really was.

Jim
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 1, 2005 4:52:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

"SnoopJeDi" <snoopjediHOLDTHESPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:GrqdnXuICNOOHwbfRVn-qA@comcast.com
> McGrandpa wasted my time on 5/30/2005 4:44 PM with the following:
>>
>>
>> I'd rather buy the whole game! Are you folks planning a retail
>> release or is that not allowed? Just make sure we can disable PB,
>> ok? McG.
>>
>>
>
> We're only doing Episode 1 for several reasons. One of which is that
> we're all quite bored working on un-original content. We want to move
> on to a fresh unique project once we're done with the shareware part
> of Doom. As far as disabling PB, you can do that by default in Doom
> 3, so it's 0% work for us.

Ok., cool. Any idea what you'll work on next?
McG.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 1, 2005 6:55:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

McGrandpa wasted my time on 5/31/2005 8:52 PM with the following:
>
> Ok., cool. Any idea what you'll work on next?
> McG.
>

The devs have been tossing some ideas around, but nothing too serious.


--
-SnoopJeDi
!