This URL will help: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ya…
Your country/language setting – what Yahoo! Mail calls your “Preferred Content” – can be adjusted by following these steps:
1. Click on the drop down arrow beside your name in the upper left corner, select Edit My Account.
2. A new browser page will open. Please enter your password and clickContinue
3. Click Edit to the right of “Member Information”.
4. In the General Preferences category, click the Preferred Content link.
5. From the pull-down menu in the “Preferred Content” window, select the country you want.
Are you seeing garbled characters in a non-US-language email? If so, you can change Yahoo! Mail’s character encoding setting. It’s easy! Here’s how:
1. In the toolbar, click More Actions and select Set Encodings.
2. From the list that appears, select the encoding that matches the message’s content.
Note: Only one character encoding set may be viewed at a time. And in this case, changing your browser’s encoding setting will not work.
I hope this helps!
Windows Outreach Team