Crysis Performance on SLI

Hello,

I am running a new build with an i7-940, 6gbs of RAM, and two GTX460's (1GB overclocked EVGA versions) in SLI. I recently picked up Crysis Max on sale on Steam. Anyways I'm aware that the game has high demand on any system but I feel asthough my build should be able to run all settings on "Very High" with at least 8x AA, if not 16x. I have seen several Youtube videos displaying the game running on Very High with 16xAA with the same build I'm using (SLI 460's). However I get an unplayable literally 2 frames per second on these settings, which is why I had to go down to all High with 4xAA, which plays at a smooth framerate (havent used fraps but I never notice a drop in frame rate). I do play with vsync on as without, the tearing is way to distracting.

I used the SLI indicator and confirmed that both my cards are being used, and they are, and scaling very well in fact. Is there something in the nVidia control panel or in the Crysis settings themselves I should be tweaking? Not that the game looks bad on High, but I'd like to try Very High since I've seen in done with the same build by others. My resolution by the way is 1920x1080.

Thanks for any help!
2 answers Last reply
More about crysis performance
  1. The i7 is probably bottlenecking the sli 460s.It may sound crazy,but I had to get my i5 750 to 3.6ghz to make crysis warhead running on very high with my single 5850.I'd try overclocking it to say 3.4-3.6ghz and see if you can make it run acceptably.
    If that doesn't fix your problems,then you probably have a hardware malfunction or a driver issue.I'd first uninstall your current drivers with driver sweeper in safe mode and then reinstall them.
  2. BeCoolBro said:
    The i7 is probably bottlenecking the sli 460s.It may sound crazy,but I had to get my i5 750 to 3.6ghz to make crysis warhead running on very high with my single 5850.I'd try overclocking it to say 3.4-3.6ghz and see if you can make it run acceptably.
    If that doesn't fix your problems,then you probably have a hardware malfunction or a driver issue.I'd first uninstall your current drivers with driver sweeper in safe mode and then reinstall them.

lol your hardcore to overclock for this game haha. I have totally given up on it personally. Shaddy optimization is what I came up with. Im so over this game. Crysis 2 better be way less demanding.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming SLI Crysis Video Games