A7v Fan problems

G

I just put together a system with an asus av7 mb. Everything works great except the fans. Not one of the fan headers are putting out any juice. (i tried hooking up some known good spare CPU fans and none of them budge an inch) I found a mention in the manual about an auto fan control, but cant find any way in the bios to disable this ridiculous feature. i have seen the CPU monitor read as high as 140 and then i pulled the plug. No fan action.

Anyone have any experience with this auto fan control nonsense? is my mobo just busted?

Antihero

G

Antihero,

I had the same problem with my A7V board when I bought it back in November. I put my voltmeter on the fan headers, they were all putting out 5V instead of the required 12V. I took mine back and got a replacement which works great.

The Auto Fan only shuts off the voltage when the machine is in standby. With everything on, the fan should run. 140degC is bad, hope you didn't fry your processor at that temp. (Might be a good idea to swap that too)

Take the board back and get it exchanged. And have them test the processor too just in case.

Pete