Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Suggest Best Horror Games.

Last response: in Video Games
January 2, 2011 12:35:39 PM

Hi.
Just finished playing metro 2033...found it a good scary nice game. I have played fear, deadspace and looking for a game that could provide the tension the chill the thrills and scare element of these games.
thanks.
Game should be very scarey...( or atleast more into stealth ) thnks

More about : suggest horror games

January 2, 2011 1:19:09 PM

i heard amnesia: the dark decent is kinda scary
January 2, 2011 1:27:53 PM

Yes I give it a look but no weapons or nything?
Related resources
January 3, 2011 4:06:20 PM

The Thief series is pretty good. Maybe not as scary as some of the others listed, but a mission that really stands out in Thief 3: The Deadly Shadows. is "The Cradle". "The haunted Cathedral" in Thief: The dark project was kind of spooky too.
January 3, 2011 5:29:36 PM

Alien vs Predator games
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Doom 3
January 3, 2011 5:55:57 PM

oops2001 said:
Yes I give it a look but no weapons or nything?

I finished playing Amnesia: Dark Descent last month. You are correct. There are no weapons. It's stricly a sneak game with puzzle solving. If you play the game as directed, at night, lights out, headphones if available, the game can be quite scary. If you are uncertain, wait for a steam sale. That's what I did and got it at 50% off. :) 
January 20, 2011 1:12:02 PM

Agree with Amnesia. its a good scary game, it doesn't include any weapons but only some tinderboxes and a lamp that helps you to see in the dark. Its like a puzzler also with many puzzles. One more thing , you can't kill the monsters in it like metro 2033.

Also, I found Dead Space, a scary game
January 21, 2011 10:59:53 PM

Morton said:
Alien vs Predator games
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Doom 3

Agreed - the AVP games were pretty good.
January 22, 2011 3:34:27 AM

Amnesia: Dark Descent, well is too action-less game..
To me Fear and Dead Space are the top games for the horror genre..
January 22, 2011 4:28:00 AM

oops2001 said:
Amnesia: Dark Descent, well is too action-less game..
To me Fear and Dead Space are the top games for the horror genre..

What you said is true, it is much of a action less game but yet it is quite scary don't you think ?
I have Dead Space, playing the 9th Chapter now. It is an awesome game. Can't wait to try out Fear 2.
January 23, 2011 6:26:05 PM

Dead Space is awesome. Focus your attention on the game and I guarantee you some great moments. Amnesia is great too.
January 24, 2011 6:03:29 AM

Amnesia. The fear series are mainly just creepy, but you are guaranteed at least 3 or so freakout moments. Like when I turned around and there's a creepy girl walking towards me UPSIDE-DOWN ON THE CEILING.
January 24, 2011 2:32:25 PM

system shock 2
February 2, 2011 8:01:57 AM

Dead Space 1 anyday! I'm on Dead Space 2 now and its even better! There are some points in which even the environment is used for those 'moments of shock'! Trust me, you wont regret getting them! Even FEAR 2 was awesome! Go for both the titles
February 2, 2011 1:04:18 PM

The Penumbra series is a pretty scary
February 2, 2011 4:09:58 PM

You could always venture into the Resident Evil series (mostly console), Silent Hill series (mostly console), the Suffering (older PS2 games loads of fun some interesting horror), also Condemned 1 and 2 are great action horror games for 360/PS3. Also Stalker for PC gets scary once the monsters are introduced into the game (which is fairly quickly) but it is very nonlinear unlike say Deadspace or Metro so that may not be your cup of tea.
February 2, 2011 5:59:36 PM

Resident evil 5
February 2, 2011 6:18:24 PM

Resident Evil series
Dead Space I & II
FEAR
Left 4 Dead might not be a survival-horror game, but it's got crazy zombies, and that's always good.
Does anyone remember the Masquerade games? Those were cool, although more RPG.
February 2, 2011 10:33:59 PM

Penumbra is good and you actually get weapons. (it's made by the same people that just made amnesia)
February 3, 2011 3:54:20 PM

Cursed Mountain, ShellShock 2 Blood Trail and Cryostasis
February 3, 2011 4:23:19 PM

if you don't mind playing games that are now a few years old:

quake 4 <-- play in the dark!
aliens vs predators 2 / primal hunt <-- single player or multi as a marine!
doom 3 <-- classic.
June 13, 2011 3:02:16 PM

Silent hill series is pretty damn good
June 16, 2011 2:50:05 PM

I'm surprised that noone mentioned Cliver Barker's Undying (or maybe they did and I didn't notice!) - a very good/very scary first person shooter in its time!

June 16, 2011 5:25:20 PM

you could go for the classics like resident evil series. there is a emulated gamecube version going about that looks way better than it ever did on pc and well worth a look.
also check out "good old games" you can pick up the likes of alone in the dark and silent hill series for as little as 5.99. the bonus is there drm free so no need for disk validation.
f.e.a.r. is a good game that will make you jump the second 1 should only be bought for the single player as the multiplayer is pants.
of the rez evil games i gotta say 1,3 and 4 are must have titiles, while silent hil 1,4 (the room) and 5 (home coming) again unmissable for survival horror.
June 17, 2011 6:26:27 AM

Cold Fear was an odd one, but that really spooked me at first until it became a generic shooter. There was quite good horror for the time (PS2) so you coil try looking at that, especially as after the horror it sort of turned into an action game. The claustrophobic camera made it quite spooky walking round the corner.

As everyone else said, Annesia is another good one.

-Nih
June 18, 2011 3:38:08 AM

I just recently found Clive Barker's undying at a garage sale and although it is quite old it was well worth a play through. Amnesia: Dark Descent is really good, perhaps one of my favorite games of all time, it may not have weapons but is defiantly not lacking in action.

RES 5 has its tense moments, like when a horde of African zombie warriors are coming at you and you have no ammo, but I wouldn't call it 'scary'.
June 19, 2011 6:48:10 AM

Try Silent Hill 4: The Room
!