Sign in with
Your question

Games wont run fullscreen on my new monitor?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Monitors
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 3, 2011 12:01:09 AM

Hello,
I just bought a new monitor 3 days ago and now none of my games wont run on fullscreen. I updated an Asus VW193DR to a 24" ASus VE247H and ever since i hooked it up none of my games work. they start up but the screen just stays blank and a message appears "DVI has no signal". ive tried reinstalling the games and they started up but then they just crashed again also some other games will start but then crash to desktop and my resolution will be set to 800x600. Ive tried to use my old monitor again and it still does the same thing. Also ive tried to set the resolution of the games manually to 1024x786 and put the refresh rate to 60Hz which my computer should easily be able to handle also my desktop resolution is set at 1920x1080 with a refresh rate of 60Hz still nothing. then i updated my graphics driver and my chipset and still no results? My computer specs are as follows:

Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 mainboard
ATI Radeon HD5750 Graphics Card
4GB DDR3 1333MHz Ram
640 WD Black HD
AMD Athlon II X4 635 Processor
And im running Windows XP 32-bit Professional.
Can anyone help me?

More about : games wont run fullscreen monitor

a c 196 C Monitor
January 3, 2011 3:42:50 PM

Are you using DVI or HDMI?
m
l
January 3, 2011 5:52:21 PM

Make sure your DVI cables are connected properly, a fair bulk of these issues normally result in the physical connection being loose. Is your graphics card seated properly? It shouldn't be moving at all in the slot its sitting in.
m
l
!