Black Ops Freezeing and locking

benson733

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
We have built my brother a computer for Christmas and it seems to run every game pretty well for a $600 rig. Anyways, we have been playing around with Black Ops and it seems to lock up in 10 minutes or so. The first time it just kind of froze than crashed and later on the second time the sound locked and buzzed while the screen looked like a dark blue (BSOD). Just wondering if anybody has any opinions as to why the issue is occurring and how it can be solved. The only thing I noticed weird that is unrelated to the game is that in MSI afterburner it says the memory clock only peaks at 500mhz and its a 1000mhz clock. I read into this and it supposed to be correct because of the ddr5 card so its 500x2=1000.

PS. Only Black Ops seems to lock up. Starcraft, fallout new vegas, total war series, Crysis, and a few other games all ran for hours on end with no real issues.

PC Specs

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1575222

any input is appreciated.

benson733

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010

UPDATE:

I think the fan was just set to low. I cranked it up to 100% and it runs fine now.

Played for 30 minutes and did not reach temps over 55c.

MGDJoker

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Its because Black Ops is a poorly optimized piece of trash. I have a top of the line gaming rig. It does the same thing to me man. That game runs off the Quake 3 engine for damn sakes. Its because Treyarch is a Sub-Par developer that has historically made sub-par games. They are so over hyped for the fact that they have the COD franchise. Look at all the other games they have made. They are trash. Infinity Ward did all the heavy lifting with that franchise. All Treyarch does is modify their software, and does it very poorly. The team that developed the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942 had 10 times the skill that Treyarch does, and they did it for FREE! The issues will more than likely never be addressed either. They made there millions. Why should they care? The next COD game could be a dog turd in a plastic case, and it would still sell millions of copies. Well actually Black Ops isn't ranked much higher than a dog turd in my respects.

Bottom line its a *** game made by a *** dev.

benson733

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
The problem was actually a lack of cooling issue. I cranked the fan up to 100% and that's all she wrote. You seem like a hater. I don't really like Treyarch, but what do you expect COD4 and WAW started the whole thing off. The bar was set way to high for these new games that it was just a disappointment.

For anybody who may be having this issue. Make sure your drivers are up to date, the game is fully updated, and you have sufficient air flow.

Holgazan

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
LOL! WOW! I was having issues with the game too, but not air flow. Still yet, that dude's a hater for sure and you are cool. It's a game people. I can see how anticipation wages, but after all... a game. Think about all those poor Pac-Man fans in the eighties that didn't even have forums like this. Do I have an icebox? No. I have a refrigerator and do I have a soapbox.....?