Sign in with
Your question

Battlefield bad company 2 problems

Last response: in Video Games
January 5, 2011 2:40:57 AM

I got battlefield bad company 2 for christmas and whenever i try to play muiltplayer 1 of 3 crashes happen. the first is it crashes to a black screen and i have to reboot my PC. the second one is it crashes to my desktop and then i hear a popup (like an error) but can't see it and my computer freezes and i have to reboot. and third it crashes and it just goes back to the desktop and i go on with my day.
January 5, 2011 8:44:25 AM

Many things to check.....
Goto control panel / admin tools / event viewer - look under application for any related errors to bfbc2.exe - google errrors.
Re-install / install the latest video card drivers for your rig. What are your specs btw, video, cpu and memory..
Defrag your system.
Wipe and reload? does your system generally run like cr@p, maybe a clean build will help.
Punkbuster will also kick you outta game but doesnt really sound like your issue, goto evenbalance.com and download pbsetup.exe to manually sort any punkbuster issues..
good luck, the game is awesome.
m
l
January 5, 2011 2:52:56 PM

what's the hardware in your system... maybe it won't run the game. OR, did you try uninstalling and reinstalling ?
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2011 4:19:27 PM

Alright i looked under event viewer and all i saw was a couple error-applicationhang and a couple warnings-msiinstaller i just installed the last ATI/AMD drivers and i will try a defrag and go to evenbalance.com

Specs (nothing great)
AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ (just got this)
ATI/AMD Radeon HD 4350 (are these temperatures alright 60 idle and around 80load?)
1gb ram (and i know i fail requirements for BC2 becuase of this)
160gb HDD
500gb HDD
m
l
January 5, 2011 5:19:09 PM

sorry to say everything fails for battlefield. it requires a quad core, more ram and a better graphics card. try turning down your settings until you can get something decent out of it.
m
l
January 5, 2011 6:25:55 PM

lol i have everything lowest. and i know it recommends a quad core but a duel core is minimal and the graphics card can play it i know that. (im getting a better one soon)
m
l
January 5, 2011 9:47:10 PM

Its for sure an Horsepower Issue. Your systems is way to underpowered to run that game correctly.

I suggest just saving up about 800 bucks and build a nice i5/i7 system. Or an AMD Phenom setup.

Built my i7 System about a year and a half ago for around $800. With getting i7 920, eVGA X58 LE motherboard, 6gb's of Corsair RAM, and a eVGA Nvidia 260. The rest of the hardware I just used from my old system. I suggest not getting a power supply less than 750watts. If your going to upgrade to more powerful hardware Its always good to have enough juice backing you up. Suggest only buying parts from quality manufacturers like eVGA, PC Power & Cooling, OCZ, Corsair, and Asus.
m
l
January 5, 2011 9:51:25 PM

Also that AMD X2 doesn't even compare to an old Conroe Core2. Even tho its a Dual Core, its performance is far sub-par compared to an Intel Core 2 chip. Which is most likely what the systems specs are quoting for the game.
m
l
January 6, 2011 8:08:54 AM

Whoa no wonder it runs like cr@p. Sorry you gotta hear this but upgrade some more mate..

Minimum:
Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
Memory: 2GB
Graphics: 256 MB Video Card (GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900)

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad or higher
Memory: 2GB
Graphics: 512 MB Video Card (GeForce GTX 260/ ATI Radeon 4870)

You can probably get it running ok, 1st thing to do. Add more RAM!
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/119223 - Presuming you use DDR2.

2nd, upgrade your graphics - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/251215
This is a middle of the road card (Requires a 6pin connector on Power Supply)

3rd, CPU, chuck something like this in and you should be ok - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/235421

Total cost - £206.95

If your motherboard can handle DDR3 I would go with that as it is currently cheaper than DDR2.
Good Luck!
m
l
January 6, 2011 2:12:48 PM

I'm getting more ram today so no worrys it's DDR2 800mhz and my graphics card will be upgraded very soon as well for the processor i'll be keeping that and plus that CPU doesn't work with my Motherboard since it's socket AM2 and that CPU is socket AM3 and my Mobo doesn't have a bios update for AM3
m
l
!