someone...
anyone...

--
Join the newest collector community for FREE at www.kidthrifty.com
where collectors go to meet.

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 04:59:19 +0000, Archi1 wrote:

> I came to a gunfight with a knife and the guardian and seekers have been
> kicking my ass for days... can I get in god mode so I can get past this
> level?

Don't be a little wussy. Only wimps and losers have to cheat.

Linux Registered User #327951

"Archi1" <archi1@flash.net> wrote:

>I came to a gunfight with a knife and the guardian and seekers have been
>kicking my ass for days... can I get in god mode so I can get past this
>level?
>someone...
>anyone...

I don't have an xbox so I can't help you there. Killing the guardian can
be a bit tricky but it needn't be overwhelming. (Incidentally, this is
the toughest battle in the game. The final boss is easier to kill.)

Keep running and stick close to the standing walls in the area. Not only
are there ammo packs around them but you can usually keep a wall between
you and the guardian. The 3 seekers don't actually hurt you, but you need
to kill them. Use plasma or shotgun to kill the seekers. It helps to
keep count, so when you kill the third seeker you'll be prepared to
quickly switch to the BFG or rockets and attack the guardian while it
spawns 3 more seekers. (Shoot the blue glow.) Rinse and repeat.

--
sda_mail Scott | Yields over 30 blasts or
@comcast.net Amspoker | 80 gentle honks per charge!

Don't expend your BFG until you get to the guardian. The secret is to line
him up and be able to see the seekers. Fire one quick shot with the BFG, it
kills the seekers. QUICKLY (while the seekers are frying) switch to the
rocket launcher or plasma rifle. Fire it into the glowing area above the
guardian as he is creating new seekers. DON'T fire at the guardian. As you
hit the glowing area it will turn red. That means he's hurting. After
about three or four rounds of this you will kill the guardian.

The BFG works just like the BFG in the old doom. It strikes everything that
you can see.

The BFG is in the area where you first find the BFG energy. It's outside on
a ledge to the left. Be careful! As soon as you go out to get the BFG the
lost souls (flying heads) will appear and try to knock you off the ledge.
So grab the BFG and run back away from the ledge.

Kevin

"Scott Amspoker" <see_sig@nospam.com> wrote in message
> "Archi1" <archi1@flash.net> wrote:
>
> >I came to a gunfight with a knife and the guardian and seekers have been
> >kicking my ass for days... can I get in god mode so I can get past this
> >level?
> >someone...
> >anyone...
>
> I don't have an xbox so I can't help you there. Killing the guardian can
> be a bit tricky but it needn't be overwhelming. (Incidentally, this is
> the toughest battle in the game. The final boss is easier to kill.)
>
> Keep running and stick close to the standing walls in the area. Not only
> are there ammo packs around them but you can usually keep a wall between
> you and the guardian. The 3 seekers don't actually hurt you, but you need
> to kill them. Use plasma or shotgun to kill the seekers. It helps to
> keep count, so when you kill the third seeker you'll be prepared to
> quickly switch to the BFG or rockets and attack the guardian while it
> spawns 3 more seekers. (Shoot the blue glow.) Rinse and repeat.
>

> --
> sda_mail Scott | Yields over 30 blasts or
> @comcast.net Amspoker | 80 gentle honks per charge!
> ^ my email |

I ain't bein no wussy, this is a rental game I gotta return so I don't have
time to screw with this anymore.
Plus, the only weapons I have are the shotgun, plasma gun with only a few
shots and the rocket launcher with about 20 rockets.
Like I said, I never got the BFG so I'm kinda in a gunfight with a pocket
knife. Can someone give me a cheat please?
Geesh..
BTW- thanks for all the tips and if I owned this game, I might actually
have time to refine my skills to do it myself. Unfortunately I have til
tuesday to finish the game.

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 02:09:18 GMT, "Archi1" <archi1@flash.net> wrote:

>I ain't bein no wussy, this is a rental game I gotta return so I don't have
>time to screw with this anymore.
>Plus, the only weapons I have are the shotgun, plasma gun with only a few
>shots and the rocket launcher with about 20 rockets.
>Like I said, I never got the BFG so I'm kinda in a gunfight with a pocket
>knife. Can someone give me a cheat please?

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:ptr6lBEvhIsJ:www.talkxbox.com/cheat311.html+Doom+3+XBox+God+mode&hl=en

Can't vouch for the X-Box version, but they are listed. If you want to
minimize guilt, just use the weapon cheat once.

>Geesh..
>BTW- thanks for all the tips and if I owned this game, I might actually
>have time to refine my skills to do it myself. Unfortunately I have til
>tuesday to finish the game.

Guardian is somehwere near the end of the game - once you kill the
guardian, you obtain the final weapon (soul cube.)

If you have until Tuesday, you should be able to finish the last levels in
time. Failing that, you'd probably be at the cyberdemon level.

Quoth The Raven "Archi1"<archi1@flash.net> in
iJrqe.11206$PU7.7393@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com
>I ain't bein no wussy, this is a rental game I gotta return so I
> don't have time to screw with this anymore.
> Plus, the only weapons I have are the shotgun, plasma gun with only a
> few shots and the rocket launcher with about 20 rockets.
> Like I said, I never got the BFG so I'm kinda in a gunfight with a
> pocket knife. Can someone give me a cheat please?
> Geesh..
> BTW- thanks for all the tips and if I owned this game, I might
> actually have time to refine my skills to do it myself. Unfortunately I
> have til tuesday to finish the game.

geeze, use alcohol120% to make and load an image of the game then

--
Another meaningless tagline attached to a pointless message.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Quoth The Raven "Highlandish"<ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> in
42aa588d$0$18637$14726298@news.sunsite.dk
> Quoth The Raven "Archi1"<archi1@flash.net> in
> iJrqe.11206$PU7.7393@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com
>>I ain't bein no wussy, this is a rental game I gotta return so I
>> don't have time to screw with this anymore.
>> Plus, the only weapons I have are the shotgun, plasma gun with only a
>> few shots and the rocket launcher with about 20 rockets.
>> Like I said, I never got the BFG so I'm kinda in a gunfight with a
>> pocket knife. Can someone give me a cheat please?
>> Geesh..
>> BTW- thanks for all the tips and if I owned this game, I might
>> actually have time to refine my skills to do it myself.
>> Unfortunately I have til tuesday to finish the game.
>

> geeze, use alcohol120% to make and load an image of the game then

errr, just realised youre on a console, then use "Record Now MAX Deluxe" to
make and burn an image and get your xbox chiped.

--
----CENSORED BY THE TAGLINE POLICE----

Archi1 wrote:
> I ain't bein no wussy, this is a rental game I gotta return so I don't have
> time to screw with this anymore.
> Plus, the only weapons I have are the shotgun, plasma gun with only a few
> shots and the rocket launcher with about 20 rockets.
> Like I said, I never got the BFG so I'm kinda in a gunfight with a pocket
> knife. Can someone give me a cheat please?
> Geesh..
> BTW- thanks for all the tips and if I owned this game, I might actually
> have time to refine my skills to do it myself. Unfortunately I have til
> tuesday to finish the game.

Yeah its not worth hanging around - just beat him as you still have
about 1/4 of the game to go (and as you've seen - its not a short game!)
The Xbox cheats seem to be listed here

http://www.talkxbox.com/cheat311.html

Archi1 wrote:
> I came to a gunfight with a knife and the guardian and seekers have been
> kicking my ass for days... can I get in god mode so I can get past this
> level?
> someone...
> anyone...<

L(eft Trigger), X,Y. B, A. But it doesn't always take and you often
have to try it quite a number
of times until it works. If possible, go back to your previous Save, if
you still have it, just
before you were whisked in to meet the Guardian. If this doesn't help
and you
are totally stuck, you can skip levels all the way to the end of the
game using
L, B,A,X, Y to skip each level, and then restart a new game in
Nightmare mode, which will automatically GIVES
you the Soulcube, then get into God Mode, and skip ahead again :) That
way you definitely
have the soulcube required to defeat the final Boss. In other words,
if you get through the
game once in any way, skipping ahead and/or using God Mode, the second
time around.
you get a Soulcube free if you replay in Nightmare mode. Then in the
second game you
can skip ahead if you don't want to reply all the levels again. Hope
this helps.

P.S., you have to get into God Mode each time again in every ne level
just after stepping out of the elevator, etc.
God Mode is only good until the end of the level, and then has to be
renewed again in the next.

Archi1 wrote:
> I ain't bein no wussy, this is a rental game I gotta return so I don't have
> time to screw with this anymore.
> Plus, the only weapons I have are the shotgun, plasma gun with only a few
> shots and the rocket launcher with about 20 rockets.
> Like I said, I never got the BFG so I'm kinda in a gunfight with a pocket
> knife. Can someone give me a cheat please?
> Geesh..<

If you made this far, to the Guardian without cheating, I tip my hat to
you.
God mode is L(eft trigger) X,Y,B,A, and you have to try it a couple of
times until it
takes. You also have to renew it at every new level if you want to play
in God mode
all the way through. If you want to skip levels, it's L, B,A,X,Y. If
you play through to the end,
even by skipping, you automatically get a Soul cube when you play a new
game in
Nightmare mode. That's a cheat way to get a Soulcube.<

> BTW- thanks for all the tips and if I owned this game, I might actually
> have time to refine my skills to do it myself. Unfortunately I have til
> tuesday to finish the game.<

It's 39 levels on the XBOX version, and if you can do it in less than
39 hours, then you're
really, REALLY good, especially if you're not cheating much. Don't let
the bullshitters BS
you.

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:38:57 -0700, jgarbuz wrote:

> P.S., you have to get into God Mode each time again in every ne level
> just after stepping out of the elevator, etc.
> God Mode is only good until the end of the level, and then has to be
> renewed again in the next.

Friggin pussy n00b. Grow up and play the game properly, wuss.

jgarbuz wrote:

> Archi1 wrote:
>
>>I ain't bein no wussy, this is a rental game I gotta return so I don't have
>>time to screw with this anymore.
>>Plus, the only weapons I have are the shotgun, plasma gun with only a few
>>shots and the rocket launcher with about 20 rockets.
>>Like I said, I never got the BFG so I'm kinda in a gunfight with a pocket
>>knife. Can someone give me a cheat please?
>>Geesh..<
>

> If you made this far, to the Guardian without cheating, I tip my hat to
> you.

I don't know if the game is harder to play on the console or not - but I
got through doom3 without cheating and I am most of the way through RoE
without cheating.

Only game I have invoked cheat mode on recently is Far Cry - from the
level where you have to jump off the dam and run through all the trigens
with no gun! (and pretty much from there onwards I used it)

> God mode is L(eft trigger) X,Y,B,A, and you have to try it a couple of
> times until it
> takes. You also have to renew it at every new level if you want to play
> in God mode
> all the way through. If you want to skip levels, it's L, B,A,X,Y. If
> you play through to the end,
> even by skipping, you automatically get a Soul cube when you play a new
> game in
> Nightmare mode. That's a cheat way to get a Soulcube.<
>
>>BTW- thanks for all the tips and if I owned this game, I might actually
>>have time to refine my skills to do it myself. Unfortunately I have til
>>tuesday to finish the game.<
>

> It's 39 levels on the XBOX version, and if you can do it in less than
> 39 hours, then you're
> really, REALLY good, especially if you're not cheating much. Don't let
> the bullshitters BS
> you.

They must have chopped the levels up into smaller pieces as it is 27 on
the PC and I read that they cut bits out from the PC game to make it
more streamlined on the xbox

Dan C wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:38:57 -0700, jgarbuz wrote:
>
> > P.S., you have to get into God Mode each time again in every ne level
> > just after stepping out of the elevator, etc.
> > God Mode is only good until the end of the level, and then has to be
> > renewed again in the next.
>
> Friggin pussy n00b. Grow up and play the game properly, wuss.<

Me-ow :)

ofn01 wrote:
> jgarbuz wrote:
> >
> > Archi1 wrote:
> >
> >>I ain't bein no wussy, this is a rental game I gotta return so I don't have
> >>time to screw with this anymore.
> >>Plus, the only weapons I have are the shotgun, plasma gun with only a few
> >>shots and the rocket launcher with about 20 rockets.
> >>Like I said, I never got the BFG so I'm kinda in a gunfight with a pocket
> >>knife. Can someone give me a cheat please?
> >>Geesh..<
> >

> > If you made this far, to the Guardian without cheating, I tip my hat to
> > you.
>
> I don't know if the game is harder to play on the console or not - but I
> got through doom3 without cheating and I am most of the way through RoE
> without cheating.
>
> Only game I have invoked cheat mode on recently is Far Cry - from the
> level where you have to jump off the dam and run through all the trigens
> with no gun! (and pretty much from there onwards I used it)<

Well, I'm an old guy, and other than the original Doom and Doom II,
Doom 3 is the only FPS I have played, not counting many Doom mods. I've
only been "into" FPS games for only little over a year now, so maybe
its both the fact of my advanced age AND lack of experience (now
there's a combination) with these kinds of shooting games that make me
need the support. I even had to cheat in parts of Doom II and many of
its mods to get through those as well. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't
have been able to finish Doom 3 even in time for my funeral :) Now,
that I have, I'm looking forward to playing ROE when it comes out for
Xbox before I die :) Is there a cheat that can get one through REAL
life without dying? I'll pay handsomely for one of those :)

> > God mode is L(eft trigger) X,Y,B,A, and you have to try it a couple of
> > times until it
> > takes. You also have to renew it at every new level if you want to play
> > in God mode
> > all the way through. If you want to skip levels, it's L, B,A,X,Y. If
> > you play through to the end,
> > even by skipping, you automatically get a Soul cube when you play a new
> > game in
> > Nightmare mode. That's a cheat way to get a Soulcube.<
> >
> >>BTW- thanks for all the tips and if I owned this game, I might actually
> >>have time to refine my skills to do it myself. Unfortunately I have til
> >>tuesday to finish the game.<
> >

> > It's 39 levels on the XBOX version, and if you can do it in less than
> > 39 hours, then you're
> > really, REALLY good, especially if you're not cheating much. Don't let
> > the bullshitters BS
> > you.
> >

> They must have chopped the levels up into smaller pieces as it is 27 on
> the PC and I read that they cut bits out from the PC game to make it
> more streamlined on the xbox<

It's 39 levels on Xbox. And looks pretty good on a 32" tv screen. I'm
happy I saved $2000 by getting a $120 Xbox instead of upgrading to a
new PC.

jgarbuz wrote:

> ofn01 wrote:
>
>>jgarbuz wrote:

>>>If you made this far, to the Guardian without cheating, I tip my hat to
>>>you.
>>
>>I don't know if the game is harder to play on the console or not - but I
>>got through doom3 without cheating and I am most of the way through RoE
>>without cheating.
>>
>>Only game I have invoked cheat mode on recently is Far Cry - from the
>>level where you have to jump off the dam and run through all the trigens
>>with no gun! (and pretty much from there onwards I used it)<
>

> Well, I'm an old guy, and other than the original Doom and Doom II,
> Doom 3 is the only FPS I have played, not counting many Doom mods. I've
> only been "into" FPS games for only little over a year now, so maybe
> its both the fact of my advanced age AND lack of experience (now
> there's a combination) with these kinds of shooting games that make me
> need the support. I even had to cheat in parts of Doom II and many of
> its mods to get through those as well. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't
> have been able to finish Doom 3 even in time for my funeral :) Now,
> that I have, I'm looking forward to playing ROE when it comes out for
> Xbox before I die :) Is there a cheat that can get one through REAL
> life without dying? I'll pay handsomely for one of those :)

This is my second round of playing FPS games - my first round a couple
of years back was playing games like HL1, Medal of Honor AA and Jedi
Knight II - I had to use cheats in those - yet this time around I seem
to be much better at things (or at least willing to reload a number of
times until ive got it!)

>>>God mode is L(eft trigger) X,Y,B,A, and you have to try it a couple of
>>>times until it
>>>takes. You also have to renew it at every new level if you want to play
>>>in God mode
>>>all the way through. If you want to skip levels, it's L, B,A,X,Y. If
>>>you play through to the end,
>>>even by skipping, you automatically get a Soul cube when you play a new
>>>game in
>>>Nightmare mode. That's a cheat way to get a Soulcube.<

>>>It's 39 levels on the XBOX version, and if you can do it in less than
>>>39 hours, then you're
>>>really, REALLY good, especially if you're not cheating much. Don't let
>>>the bullshitters BS
>>>you.
>>>

>>They must have chopped the levels up into smaller pieces as it is 27 on
>>the PC and I read that they cut bits out from the PC game to make it
>>more streamlined on the xbox<
>

> It's 39 levels on Xbox. And looks pretty good on a 32" tv screen. I'm
> happy I saved $2000 by getting a $120 Xbox instead of upgrading to a
> new PC.

I recently played Brothers in Arms - Road to Hill 30 which basically did
not have upgraded graphics from the consoles - I can definitely say I
like PC graphics better! :)

pop

an old guy? you never get too old for play - I'm 68 and have been playing PC
games since id was letting Apogee distribute Commander Keen et al and I
haven't missed many of the computer games. cheat? hell, yeah! I ain't got
time to try and keep up with my 4 kids, 12 grandkids and 3 great grandkids
playing all the new games (all who kick my butt in deathmatch games)...

--
pop is Mark
Doing nothing makes me tired 'cause I can't take a break.

pop wrote:
> an old guy? you never get too old for play - I'm 68 and have been playing PC
> games since id was letting Apogee distribute Commander Keen et al and I
> haven't missed many of the computer games. cheat? hell, yeah! I ain't got
> time to try and keep up with my 4 kids, 12 grandkids and 3 great grandkids
> playing all the new games (all who kick my butt in deathmatch games)...<

You give me encouragement as I am "only" pushing 60 :) Not as old as I
thought after all to be doing this stuff. I started playing computer
games in general back with my old Apple II in the early '80s, and
Loderunner was my favorite back then, but I didn't have the time or
awareness afterwards of the intensity of these newfangled shooters that
have come up since the dawn of Doom roughly a decade ago. But ever
since I "discovered" Doom litte over a year ago, I've become addicted
to the darn time-waster :) So now I'll try to make up for lost time
with Half-Life 1 & 2, Far Cry, Halo and some of the other classics of
this genre. Maybe after going around Doom 3 a few times, I won't need
to cheat all that much when I get on to them. Thanks.