Sign in with
Your question

BFBC2 QoS Ports

Last response: in Video Games
January 6, 2011 1:59:24 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am once again looking for some advice though this time for my BattleField Bad Company 2. I was told that you can get better bandwidth for BFBC2 if you enable QoS in the router and check the "Optimize Gaming Applications" and specify which ports are used for the game to give them priority. I was wondering if anyone knew the exact ports that I would enter in these fields. I have a Linksys WRT54G2 wireless N-Router.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

More about : bfbc2 qos ports

January 7, 2011 7:09:45 PM

Hm... Enabling Qos I don't know, but opening ports and setting priority might help.

Qos is more or less for Video streaming and Voip, usually in online gaming you want to turn off. By default MS OS's dedicate 20% of the network for Qos, disable it and you will get "more"

Another thread on the net stated to forward ports 80, 13505, 18390, and 18395 on your router, and also said to try this site for more port info: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/427831.page#3978...

I am unable to get to this b/c of my work proxy, so go at your own risk.

I don't think forwarding will help, but give it a shot, cant hurt... unless a virus creeps in b/c you opened it to the world :) 

Best of luck!

P.S. I have tried all the regedits to "speed up online gaming", tips and tricks ect... none of them really work, including (KillerNIC cards). The best thing you can do is keep your rig free of spyware/viruses/ect, keep drivers up to date, the OS up to date, and minimize background processes.
m
l
!