Belkin 54g PCI and windows xp sp2

Hi,

I recently installed a friend's computer with a Belkin 54g PCI wlan
adapter. Because the computer had a 56k modem connection before, no
updates were installed on the standard Windows XP home edition.
After the installation of the PCI card, everything seemed to work
fine, so I decided to install SP2. After the upgrade, the card is still
being recognized and the driver even finds the network I configured,
but is really really slow. It looks like the connection is active for
about 10 seconds, then stops (without notifying me about a disabled or
unavailable connectins) for about a minute. Then it seems to be back up
again for a couple of seconds and then down for a minute.
I downloaded and installed the latest driver from the Belkin website,
but no results. Because I wanted to make sure the network itself was
ok, I tested it with my laptop (which has a linksys card) and that
seemed to work fine.

Anyone got an idea?

--
xinit
More about belkin windows

    <head>
    </head>
    your problems will disappear.</font><br>
    xinit wrote:
    type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">Hi,

[...]

    </pre>

    I had the same problem and spent many frustrating hours uninstalling and
    reinstalling card drivers, downloading microsofts SP2 patch, running
    winsockfix, etc. and NOTHING worked!! Finally I found the problem-
    there seems to be incompatability between the Windows Wireless Zero
    Connectivity Service and the Belkin card. The "CURE" is very simple
    and will take less than 30 seconds. Simply open your "Control Panel",
    double click on the "Administrative Tools" icon, double click on the
    "Services" icon, scroll down to the Wireless Zero Connectivity service
    and "stop" the service, then right click on Wireless Zero Connectivity
    Service, choose "Properties", and under "startup" choose the "disable"
    option. You will then need to reboot your computer to apply changes.
    This totally fixed my problems and my computer and Belkin wireless card
    have worked flawlessly since.

    --
    gb11
    http://forums.speedguide.net

    I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas on how to get this card to
    work.

    This has had me and my buddy (both network engineering majors) stumped
    for about 2 weeks. The machine is running WinXP Pro SP1. I have
    disabled the above service, but the computer still either can't find
    the network, or won't renew the IP when it does find the network. I am
    posting this from my laptop (also using a belkin 54mb card) right next
    to the pc in question, so signal strength isn't an issue.

    I appreciate any help anyone can give me!!!

    - Justin

    --
    tru2chevy

    gb11 <gb11.1gzzug@no-mx.earth.universe.org> wrote:

    > Connectivity Service and the Belkin card. The "CURE" is very simple
    > and will take less than 30 seconds. Simply open your "Control Panel",
    > double click on the "Administrative Tools" icon, double click on the

    This works for some drivers, but not others.
    Orinoco drivers under XP require that "Windows manage th connection".

    My problem turned out to be my router.
    I had Win2000 running an Orinoco and a DLink USB adapter. Good.
    I had a WinXP Home SP2 running the DLink USB. It wasn't happy with
    Wireless Zero, so I turned it off. good.
    Later, I added one more Windows Update, new DLink Drivers. No good.
    I reinstalled the earlier DLink drivers.

    I upgraded the laptop to WinXP Pro. Bad. The Orinoco drivers wanted the
    WinXP management, which I don't think works without Wireless Zero.

    Solution, after a few tests with different routers:
    Upgraded from SMC7004WFW "b" router to a Netgear "g" router.
    I upgraded the laptop to a Netgear G card at the same time.

    Now, Wireless Zero is running happily.

    If I start Netstumbler, Wireless zero is stopped, and the Netgear card
    drivers take over connections. When I exit Netstumbler, Wireless zero
    returns.

    --
    ---

PCI Belkin Windows XP Wireless Networking