Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Flight combat games? (besides IL-2 and MS flight simulator)

Last response: in Video Games
January 6, 2011 8:59:09 PM

Many, MANY years ago I played a PC flight combat game that I am trying to recall and perhaps find. It's scenario was a West Coast US invasion. The missions were flown from local fields including LA, SF, several others AND a carrier off the California coast. Planes included F-18's F-22, F-23, F-14 and one or two others. The play was 3-D with some notable buildings, other enemy aircraft and cruise missiles, and some ground attack. The play and graphics did not begin to compare with today's games, but the game did teach me how to use ILS to find my landing field. I would love to find it again. Does it sound at all familiar to anybody?

While I am asking... There was also a game wherein you are part of a mercenary team fighting in a third world country, using F-16's. Successful missions allowed purchase of more advanced weaponry. If you win the game, you get an F-22.
Thanks
Ken

Best solution

January 7, 2011 6:20:47 AM

Not sure about the first one, but the second one is Strike Commander.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strike_Commander

Awesome, awesome game, absolute classic. I still play it to this day.
January 7, 2011 1:14:10 PM

YES! Thank you. Now, if only someone recalls the first...
Score
Related resources
January 13, 2011 11:00:03 PM

Best answer selected by kfears70s.
Score
January 13, 2011 11:01:36 PM

Thanks, Oldmangamer, but I don't think that was it. I don't remember any ground support missions, just a few ground attack missions.
Score
January 14, 2011 3:21:02 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!