Lockup on Excavaton

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 11, 2005 3:57:41 AM

I am on the last level and going through the hallways where the walls
break away, I keep experiencing a lockup. The system locks and the sound
plays the last sound over and over. My PC requires a hard reboot to get
it back.

Tried disabling all firewall, AV and any resident programs.

Dell 4600
9800 Pro latest driver
Audigy Gamer
1GB RAM

Any ideas?

Jim

More about : lockup excavaton

June 11, 2005 3:58:59 AM

Jim wrote on 6/10/2005 11:57 PM:
> I am on the last level and going through the hallways where the walls
> break away, I keep experiencing a lockup. The system locks and the sound
> plays the last sound over and over. My PC requires a hard reboot to get
> it back.
>
> Tried disabling all firewall, AV and any resident programs.
>
> Dell 4600
> 9800 Pro latest driver
> Audigy Gamer
> 1GB RAM
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jim

Oh forgot. XP with latest SPs and patches.

Jim
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 2:35:40 AM

Jim wrote:
> Jim wrote on 6/10/2005 11:57 PM:
>
>> I am on the last level and going through the hallways where the walls
>> break away, I keep experiencing a lockup. The system locks and the sound
>> plays the last sound over and over. My PC requires a hard reboot to get
>> it back.
>>
>> Tried disabling all firewall, AV and any resident programs.
>>
>> Dell 4600
>> 9800 Pro latest driver
>> Audigy Gamer
>> 1GB RAM
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Jim
>

> Oh forgot. XP with latest SPs and patches.
>
> Jim

Have you got the latest patch (1.3) for the game?
Do you have problems with any other games or 3d benchmark utilities like
3dmark/aquamark?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 13, 2005 9:44:46 PM

ofn01 wrote on 6/11/2005 5:35 PM:
> Jim wrote:
>
>> Jim wrote on 6/10/2005 11:57 PM:
>>
>>> I am on the last level and going through the hallways where the walls
>>> break away, I keep experiencing a lockup. The system locks and the sound
>>> plays the last sound over and over. My PC requires a hard reboot to get
>>> it back.
>>>
>>> Tried disabling all firewall, AV and any resident programs.
>>>
>>> Dell 4600
>>> 9800 Pro latest driver
>>> Audigy Gamer
>>> 1GB RAM
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Jim
>>

>> Oh forgot. XP with latest SPs and patches.
>>
>> Jim
>

> Have you got the latest patch (1.3) for the game?
> Do you have problems with any other games or 3d benchmark utilities like
> 3dmark/aquamark?
No just Doom3. It eventually went through and I beat the game. The
ending was quite easy. I think the guy with the Seekers was harder.

Jim
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 11:25:15 AM

Jim wasted my time on 6/10/2005 11:57 PM with the following:
> I am on the last level and going through the hallways where the walls
> break away, I keep experiencing a lockup. The system locks and the sound
> plays the last sound over and over. My PC requires a hard reboot to get
> it back.
>
> Tried disabling all firewall, AV and any resident programs.
>
> Dell 4600
> 9800 Pro latest driver
> Audigy Gamer
> 1GB RAM
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jim

www.omegadrivers.net

Try those for your Radeon, they fixed all my freezes in Doom 3 (as well
as improving performance and quality)

--
-SnoopJeDi
!