icyura10

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2001
Hi all,

Well, here's the first site { http://tccomputers.com/ Ph# 1-800-723-8282 ) I've seen with this mobo offered.. I'm not trying to say or imply this is the only site, it's just the first one I've seen..

Here's a two (2) part deal...

First, when I talked with them yesterday, they said they were expecting 100 of these DDR 266 MB's in today (1/18/01).. so I'll share that with everyone up front, and they only had committed orders for 50 or so of them...

Second, has anyone actually placed thier grubby mits on one of these boards, and used the beast...

ASUS's Site actually references the mobo, however, to date, there's no user's manual in PDF or anyother form for any of us to peruse...

Any actual hands on abusers of this board out there that can shed some light on this mobo? It would certainly be appreciated!

<font color=red>It's ewe n' me against the world, n' I think ewe are gonna get creamed</font color=red> :eek: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by icyura10 on 01/18/01 03:29 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I have seen and touched it myself. Unfortunately we have the mobos but not the memory modules yet. So I can only give you some info about the layout.

G

I have one running on this machine now, I got it last friday from www.googlegear.com. It runs great, but the board didn't come with the multiplier adjustment dip switches. However several of the guys on AMDzone forums have been disscussing this and we found a guy in Japan that says all you need to get it working is to install a dip switch bank in the blank provided. I have one on order that I should get put in this weekend. I'll post my succes, or lack there of.
evlfred

G

no, my 1200 came unlocked and you cannot adjust the multiplier in bios. And the manual doesn't say that you can adjust it, only that it displays the information.